Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the greatest distance you ever cycled in Ireland in 24 hours?

Options
  • 22-07-2008 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in training right now and consider myself to be a tough barsteward.
    I'm not the fastest but I am determined.

So whats the biggest distance you ever did in Ireland in one day?

Mine is about 150KM back in my Uni days (Dublin - Wexford and back) which was easyish then but would kill me now!!(but won't in a few weeks time).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

The Wicklow 200 meant I did about 220 in one day -not tried to push the distance yet though (just wait till London-Edinburgh-London next year!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

186km last saturday ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

108k's - two days ago....Bet ya some of the hardcore lads on here would do that warming up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Supercell wrote: »
    I'm in training right now and consider myself to be a tough barsteward.

A quote from my Martial Arts background just sprang to mind - ''tough is how we train, not how we talk'.

;)

Longest distance in one day is relatively small compared to most here. My compute to work is anywhere between 13-17kms (depending on which route I take) so I guess add that to a 47kms spin last week, I a puny 60kms or there abouts :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

291km, Dublin to Cork- started the previous evening. Technically it may have been over 26 hours :D Lovely cycle- until the end.

In terms of continuous have done 230km for the Mick Byrne 200 including getting there and it nearly killed me but as it didn't reckon it made me stronger :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Supercell wrote: »
    So whats the biggest distance you ever did in Ireland in one day?
    400km, many years ago. Dublin-Dungarvan-Dublin by a circuitous route.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

400km, many years ago. Dublin-Dungarvan-Dublin by a circuitous route.

In 1 go? How long did that one take you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

206 kms on the day of the wicklow 200. Not sure i'll ever top that actually, but you never know with the way this lot carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

230-something in one go. Went from west side of Cork to Waterford and back. Did a 3 mile run straight afterwards as part of a training ride for a triathlon. Took 8 hours for the entire session.

I like the MA quote. I may steal that next time some (insert very buff, poncy man) tries to advise me on how to go about things!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Oh, but the 200 km in the Wicklow 200 easily tops my 230 because of the climbs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement