Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone done a college maths entry exam?

Options
  • 22-07-2008 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi peeps, im just wondering if anyone has done a maths entry exam or even any kind of entry exam into a college? I have applied for one in sligo. I think ill be sitting it late this month, does anyone have any info as to the difficulty of the exam, is it like a leaving cert paper and if so is there a choice between higher and ordinary level? Or is it a kind of bare minimum maths exam like junior cert maths? Im trying to do anything, ANYTHING but repeat so any information at all is much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

My mate did one in CIT last month for the mechanical engineering course. He said it was a bit tricky but if you do honours maths in the LC you should'nt have a problem at all as its a lot easier than LC honours maths.

My brother did a entrance maths exam in 2005 to go to NUI Maynooth for the Electronic Engineering course, he too said its a lot easier than the LC honours maths exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭luke999

Thx a mill. Yup i did higher lvl. I actually got a letter from sligo IT today and its and ordinary level exam so im delighted. But... its on the day of my grad.. typical. Im going to have to do it in my suit! Oh well better than repeating. Thx again dude!

Advertisement