Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rug cleaning

Options
  • 22-07-2008 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

Another query I'm afraid! Does anyone know of any companies that clean and reproof rugs?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

if the animal had been left outside this wouldn't be a problem, surely

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

huh? not totally understanding the above post - i bring mine to horseware in dundalk, they repair (properly!) clean and reproof.

its a bit more expensive then other companies but i only trust them,they know what their doing and the rugs are done properly ..not like other half done jobs ive seen (bits of muck still evident)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kens

I used a guy from newbridge who repaired, cleaned & reproofed he was quite reasonable even offered to collect & return

he even managed to repair a rug that HRH tried to remove & tore so badly that it flowed link a (dress) train behind her

I can PM details if you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 boggle69

Thanks for your recommendations! If you could PM me their contact details that would be great - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Just leave the rug in a big barrell of water with a couple of scoops of washing powder for a day or so, give it a good few stirs around. Then do the same in a clean barrell of water to rinse, then hang on a gate and hose it down.
    Cheapest way of doing it anyway!

• Advertisement
Advertisement