Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GHOSTBUSTERS!

Options
  • 22-07-2008 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Had a couple of ghostbusters trolling my forum, now I have him slaging me off by email, making personal attacks and derogatory comments :eek:

Any of you guys had this abiuse from believers?

Regards,

Den.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Had a couple of ghostbusters trolling my forum, now I have him slaging me off by email, making personal attacks and derogatory comments :eek:

Regards,

Den.

Report them to their ISP or mail host? What was the forum and what was the content of the mails etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Regards,

Den.
    Aside from the usual "you're a close-minded bigot" stuff, I've never really had anything too bad.
    Most believers don't really get abusive in my experience.
    The main exception are people in cults and such, the slightest bit of skepticism in their direction tends to draw much worse than name calling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Any of you guys had this abuse from believers?
    It hasn't happened on this forum. Maybe that's because they have their own Paranormal forum where sceptical comment is banned.

I haven't heard of any abuse either as a result of members appearing on radio or TV.

davros wrote: »
    they have their own Paranormal forum where sceptical comment is banned.

That's not fair. Skeptical comment isn't banned, just frowned upon and vilified.
    They equally look down on basic logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dennis_thompson

hi all,

to be honest I am keeping the email and ignoring him, he will probably go back to his ghosts forum with inflated ego, fair enough.

I am going to copy the last post I made on the forum after hours of trying to appease this guy, someone that constantly asked me for evidence in scientific journals to prove my postion that ghosts exist only in the mind.

He disagrees with everything in the following post and if it looks a little mickey take it is because I am exhausted after debating for hours with a believer that calls himself a sceptic.

One final word on the subject of Ghosts,

They have neither mass nor energy, therefore scientifically do not exist other than in the mind of the beholder.

They also cannot be reproduced under laboratory conditions as well as the fact that even though technology has advanced to the point of Highly advanced video recording/sound recording equipment, not one ghost has been caught yet.

Also dear Ghostbusters,

waving an EMF Around does not constitute a scientific investigation.

Ofcourse we are wasting our breath and you will believe what you will, I will also believe in ghosts when yo can provide scientific evidence other than a smudge on a photograph :P

Until then carry on busting those ghosts guys, see you in the next world :P

Regards,

Den.

I do not profess to be an expert on paranormal matters and I admitted this, which is maybe why when he said there is medical evidence proving ghosts are not a hallucination or trick of the mind, he assumed I would accept his word on that.

Also when I produced wiki evidence of what hallucination is, he discounted wiki as bulls**t, fair enough, not scientific journal.

When we (Admin team) asked for evidence ghosts exist, when he did give evidence it was anecdotal. (His opinion ghosts exist).

So we gave up after hours of debating, us with evidence, him with belief and saying BS to every shred of evidence we provided.

As I say now he has sent me a charming email wanting to continue his tirade against me personally, like some kind of vendetta to prove me wrong, although he does not admit this is his agenda, so what is his agenda I wonder?

Anyway, hes booted and anymore email silliness its a police job.

Lucky for me im from Tyneside and hes from Kent :)

so hopefully he will not be busting my door in to continue such madness.

Kind regards for reading/replying,

glad to get it off my chest:)

Den.

• Advertisement

hi all,

Also when I produced wiki evidence of what hallucination is, he discounted wiki as bulls**t, fair enough, not scientific journal.

Strange how he doesn't trust wiki but has no problem trusting random peoples anecdotes.

Advertisement