Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Did the is200 come with the yamaha beams engine?!

Options
  • 22-07-2008 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Or was that reserved exclusively for the altezza's?!
    This is why I ask!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

That one is an Alezza rebadged as a Lexus I200. As far as I know only the Altezza has the beams engine and of those it's only in some, not all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    That one is an Alezza rebadged as a Lexus I200

What gives this away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

As far as I know only the Altezza has the beams engine and of those it's only in some, not all.

That is what i thought aswell.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

What gives this away?

The part at the top that reads :D
    Item Specifics - Automobiles
    Manufacturer: Toyota Condition: Used
    Model: altezza

Best way to spot one though besides this is that the number plates will normally be square at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

The part at the top that reads :D

Best way to spot one though besides this is that the number plates will normally be square at the back.

I'm tired, guess I missed that!:o

He has his number plate carefully obscured!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Which is probably why he hasnt taken a pic on that one showing the rear plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Best way to check id open the bonnet and count the spark plugs,Altezza has 4 lexus 6 or look at the ch. plate, the lexus should say lexus motor company and have a 17 digit ch. number ( JTD....), the altezza will have a model and frame number e.g. Model abcd-123456, Frame 12345678

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

i would we a little wary of this car, it looks as though its been "boy racered" a bit, and altezza are really big with them recently, the spoiler is non standard so are the rims (not that it matters) but the brake calipers appear to have been replaced or possibly just painted red? i wonder if anything else has been modded. also an altezza has a 4 cylinder engine, the real IS200 has a straight 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Beams engines are all 4-cyl.

Lexus IS are all 6-cyl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

i'd say its just an IS200 and the seller hasn't a clue.
    I think the IS200 engine has parts made by yamaha and might even say yamaha somewhere on the engine (side of TB cover, it does on the old Toyota 3sge)
    But the IS200 never had a beams version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 forester28

hey..i just bought an import altezza.anyone outthere know how
    to get the radio to recieve irish frequencies and stations..
    any help would be great, its driving me crazy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

you need an Fm band expander.
    get onto any of the auto sound shops, ie. incar.ie, scan sounds in phibsbourgh etc etc

should be about 50 euro or so but they can be got alot cheaper on ebay if you can wait a little longer for it to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 alwaysb

A square number plate isn't necessarily going to be fitted. An easier give-away is the wind deflectors which come standard on an Altezza. Also the centre piece on the alloys will say Altezza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 forester28

cheers dude, thats great.. is it any big deal to fit ? or is it just a plug in job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

JHMEG wrote: »
    Beams engines are all 4-cyl.

Lexus IS are all 6-cyl.

Also will have beams written on the engine cover which is a bit of a giveaway.;)

13d1_4.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

it's cheaper for me to insure that car than it is my Pulsar :/

Advertisement