Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P.C. from e bay...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Looks like a great deal to be honest....depending on what he intends to use it for.....
    For most normal tasks a good buy.
    Just be aware it ships without an operating system so make sure they ship the drivers for it and that you can get an OS for it....
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Hmm interesting, but the gfx card in that comp is 512, the one i linked was a gig. Is there anything else in that computer im missing that makes it better?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The card in the pc squall links to is much better. The 8600 can't even use more than 256MB, the 1GB is just to make a crap card look good. 8800gt is miles better. Go with the one sqaull links to.

K thanks for the heads up, il tell my mate. Is it me or have computers gotten scarily cheap these days on e bay?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They're cheap in most places. It's crazy how cheap they've gotten.

Too bad macs havent gone down in price :( .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Patricide wrote: »
    Too bad macs havent gone down in price :( .

Thats because your mostly paying for the brand name and all the hype around it.

This is true, I used to hate macs before i started sound engineering. Now i need one!! P.C.'s are just too unstable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Overpriced definately...look what you can have for about the same money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Patricide wrote: »
    This is true, I used to hate macs before i started sound engineering. Now i need one!! P.C.'s are just too unstable.

If a pc is well built with the right components/software its just as stable as a mac. Usually on most self builds the builder will not research every part looking for problems or issues. As dont forget, all hardware in a mac is built to be compatible, with pc's there is a much larger ammount of components to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Ya see, the thing is with a mac...
    Apple make the hardware and the software so its tailor made to work specifically well with that specific hardware but microsoft just make windows and not the PC itself so from the millions of possible combinations of hardware not every single one of them is going to be stable as microsoft cant test and optimize windows for every single different combination of hardware.

TBH its not microsofts fault.

oh yeah btw back on topic

I'd recommend you to buy from http://hardwareversand.de and give them 20 euro and they will build it for ya, much safer and reliable than ebay and cheaper (Or very close in price)

Advertisement