Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get beer glasses

Options
  • 23-07-2008 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

Every big ass weissbier glass i've ever had has met a nasty end and i'm looking for more, without stealing from a pub (again). how easy are they to get hold of offline?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ok if you want the proper branded stuff not very easy offline just go to any offlicense that sells erdinger or whatever and when buying beers just ask for some they might have some,
    I know it's heresy but I'm pretty sure there's fairly nice simple weissbier style glasses in like 4 packs in tesco that would be good all rounders I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i've seen them tesco ones, but for some reason they're not the same. the glasses i had were either free from the harvest off license in galway as part of a special offer at random intervals or... ahem.. acquired...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Heineken have been throwing around Paulaner merchandise like water recently. You could try asking in a pub selling Paulaner if they have any spares. But I agree with mayordenis that off licences are your best bet.

I got a few 500ml glasses and a nice 1ltr glass from the erdinger shop last december.Quick delivery too.
    erdinger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    without stealing from a pub (again)
    The term is "liberating";)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Sean_K wrote: »
    The term is "liberating";)

Misappropriation

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

And I know you said offline but just in case http://www.realbeers.ie/shop/prod_cats.aspx?pid=2&cid=8

they sell there glasses in packs of 6 so good for stocking up and a good variety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

for those in Galway, harvest are doing a deal where if you buy 4 bottles of erdinger or budvar you get a free glass

Neat offer in D Six in Harold's Cross at the moment of a free appropriate glass with every 3 (I think) Duvel or Chimay. Those are some quality glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Atlantic Home care used to sell some but not sure if they are what your looking for. Did not pay them much attention but they did look close to the real thing at a glance :confused: .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

BeerNut wrote: »
    Neat offer in D Six in Harold's Cross at the moment of a free appropriate glass with every 3 (I think) Duvel or Chimay. Those are some quality glasses.

Must check that out. Id love to know somewhere where I could go in and just buy a single glass and get a few different types......not sure what I would do with 6 Chimay glasses:P

I got some nice Erdinger and Franziskaner weissbier glasses in Lidl's (it could've been Aldi's) about a year ago.

Have not seen them since but its worth keeping an eye out in there...I remember they were cracking value too.

ps. Westmalle have to be the best glasses out there:cool:

Babybing wrote: »
    Id love to know somewhere where I could go in and just buy a single glass and get a few different types
    Interesting, if rather random, selection of stand-alone branded glasses for sale in Deveney's of Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Redmonds of Ranelagh where giveing away free glass with purchases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    for those in Galway, harvest are doing a deal where if you buy 4 bottles of erdinger or budvar you get a free glass

That deal seems to be only available at woodquay branch.

Advertisement