Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Tattoo.....

Options
  • 23-07-2008 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

So I'm looking at getting my first tattoo. I've been sitting on a couple of big ideas for a while but I want to start with something small. The tat I'm considering is the writing:
    It's the End of the World as We Know It,
    And I Feel Fine...

It's an REM song title for any who didn't know! I finished my leaving this year and everythings changing so i just want something to remember the good and bad of the last eighteen years...

So yeah, couple of questions about it. (I'm a guy so consider it from the point of view, if it makes a difference!!!)

Placing: I'm thinking of the inside of my forearm, an inch and a half to two inches below the elbow joint on my left arm. Is this a good place for a tat? How will it cope with weight change? (Getting fit again after the exams, bit of muscle went to fat!!!)

Script: I want an italicised script. How's that for tattooing? Will the nice clean lines last?

Where: Where should I get it done? Somewhere they're friendly and not too pricey! (Dublin area). Snakebite seems to be mentioned a lot...

What sort of time/price? Given it is only script.

What about pain (relative to other body parts. I know it's not the same for everyone but is it generally sorer than most?).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

??? wrote: »
    Script: I want an italicised script. How's that for tattooing? Will the nice clean lines last?
    Depends on the size that you want it! Bigger/bolder lettering tends to last and look better, as the finer lines may have a tendancy to 'bleed' a little, ending looking a little blurry over time. The tattoo artist should be able to talk you through this, and how it would work best, and let you know if the lettering is going to be too small/fine.
    ??? wrote: »
    Where: Where should I get it done? Somewhere they're friendly and not too pricey! (Dublin area). Snakebite seems to be mentioned a lot...
    What sort of time/price? Given it is only script.
    I had both mine done in Snakebite (not lettering) and I have to say they're a great bunch of guys/girls. :) Friendly (although like most places, don't really put up with eejits!) efficient and if ya get to know them, they're great craic :)

Last time I checked, it was €80 per hour, and I don't think it'd take that long, but I think that they do have the minimum 1 hour charge... (Could be wrong though, pop in and ask them!

Advertisement