Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re. recording studio

Options
  • 23-07-2008 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, i want to make cd and im looking at getting into a recording studio. Im looking in the Dublin area and they are all very expensive. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced studio?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,106 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just finished recording in Fastlane Studios in Donabate. €350 a day, or €300 if you book 3 or more. Was very happy with the results and you'd be hard pushed to find anywhere cheaper than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

fruityt wrote: »
    Hi, i want to make cd and im looking at getting into a recording studio. Im looking in the Dublin area and they are all very expensive. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced studio?

If you are recording guitar and vocals you can PM me and we can work it out.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Keep an eye on the bands and musicians forum, theres a chance youll find someone recording for free to build up experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

fruityt wrote: »

What's 'very expensive' Fruityt?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 madlaf

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

It's hard to find cheap and good. Ask to hear some prior recordings and check out the facilities before booking.

As Paul said it depends on how he defines cheap. Like I work at €30 per hour and have a vibey studio ideal for mixing bands and recording solo artists. If the guy is looking for a large studio for whatever reason well then he will have to pay up. The average medium sized studio with a nice couch costs €350 a day. Larger studios in many cases will have a wealth of gear compared to mine. But then again Portico and Apogee isn't that bad after all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

anything I have done here has worked out great , and the guy that runs it is very good .

I reccomend you give him a call

check out www.myspace.com/blackcatboneblues for examples.

I get lovely drum sounds there , and thats the clincher for me every time .

http://www.apstudios.net/home.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

They are all sh1t!!!

we all know MY studio is the best!!!
    Somebody get a mod. in here now:D

studiorat wrote: »
    They are all sh1t!!!

we all know MY studio is the best!!!
    Somebody get a mod. in here now:D

Please someone give Dave his medication!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 wakeupkids

If you are looking for cheap and great quality recording you should contact volt studios. Its only newly set up by Stephen Robinson and he recorded my band for 150 a day and he also put in about 7 days mixing free of charge. He records out of his house. Contact him on 0863926938

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

IM HERE! I saw the mod signal in the clouds.

sei046 wrote: »

Going to see batman on friday night at 11.30! cant wait!!! tickets are booked and I have plenty of petrol in the bat mobile!!!

sei046 wrote: »

run!
    hobbits about...

What's the story with the commercial posts so? not that I'm against it but you know yourself. post an aul' phone number and where does it end?

Anyway enough of the back seat modding, I'm off to foreign for a week! later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 David Browne

Hows it going, if ure still looking for a cheap studio to record in you could try Electra studio in temple bar, its a great studio with some top quality equipment. Ive worked as an engineer there on a number of occasions and have always got a good sound there. If you want give me a ring on 0863983717 and I should be able to sort out a good rate if u wanted to book the studio for a couple of days.

Hows it going, if ure still looking for a cheap studio to record in you could try Electra studio in temple bar, its a great studio with some top quality equipment. Ive worked as an engineer there on a number of occasions and have always got a good sound there. If you want give me a ring on 0863983717 and I should be able to sort out a good rate if u wanted to book the studio for a couple of days.

:confused:

Advertisement