Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portugese Police

• 23-07-2008 2:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

The parents of Madeleine McCann are threatening to sue the Portugese police for negligence and incompetence.

How f@cking ironic is that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Oh yes....another thread on these clowns(the McCanns)....how un-necessary!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

quiet possible irony defined do you by any chance have a link to a news source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Pretty hilarious alright. How can they not be embarrassed by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

dresden8 wrote: »
    The parents of Madeleine McCann are threatening to sue the Portugese police for negligence and incompetence.

How f@cking ironic is that?

The Portugese cops are incompetent.

If they had any sense they would have charged the McCanns with manslaughter due to gross negligence months ago. Why they havent done so yet is beyond me. If kids die in a crash caused by their own parents negligent driving, emotion doesnt come into it. Even for women, surprisingly, there was a case not long ago of a woman in England who got something like 4 years after her kid and the kids friend died in a crash (think the mother had been drinking). So why not the McCanns?

Charge these horrible pair of people and fcuking jail them. tbh there are worse things that could have happened than the McCanns having been charged with a murder they didnt commit. They wouldnt have deserved better.

And Im still suspicious as to what is happening to the massive amounts of money donated to this nefarious "fighting fund". Any newspaper that apologised to these pair should be ashamed of themselves. In the Stephen Lawrence case one paper branded the suspects as killers and dared them to sue. Dont know why they didnt brand the McCanns as negligent idiots and dare them to do likewise.

Hmm. Maybe they thought the Lawrence lads would be too embarrased to sue, whereas the McCanns, having zero feelings of responsibility, shame or self blame, would have been throwing the charitably donated money at their lawyers in a second to cream more out of them.

Out of curiousity who won that Mother of the Year award in the UK last year? Given high calibre past winners Kate Moss, Kerry Katona and Jordan surely Kate is due her award for the stress and the crying and all that malarky......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    The Portugese cops are incompetent.

If they had any sense they would have charged the McCanns with manslaughter due to gross negligence months ago. Why they havent done so yet is beyond me. If kids die in a crash caused by their own parents negligent driving, emotion doesnt come into it. Even for women, surprisingly, there was a case not long ago of a woman in England who got something like 4 years after her kid and the kids friend died in a crash (think the mother had been drinking). So why not the McCanns?

Charge these horrible pair of people and fcuking jail them. tbh there are worse things that could have happened than the McCanns having been charged with a murder they didnt commit. They wouldnt have deserved better.

And Im still suspicious as to what is happening to the massive amounts of money donated to this nefarious "fighting fund".

prove the kid is dead

prove the kid is dead

Meet me behind the Praya de Ruz golf course. Bring a shovel........

She will be issued with a death cert at some point Id presume.

Even if not, a simple neglect charge would suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

prove the kid is dead

Prove Elvis is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I don't see why they're bothered. I can understand the desire to assign blame, but it doesn't lend anything to their continuing efforts to find Maddie - if anything, it's pointlessly diverting. I can't imagine how any success would provide any sort of emotional redress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    She will be issued with a death cert at some point Id presume.

The family are given the option of one after seven year missing isn't it? That's what happened with Richey Edwards, though his family chose not to take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The family are given the option of one after seven year missing isn't it? That's what happened with Richey Edwards, though his family chose not to take it.

And the McCanns certainly won't given the negligence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Don't attack iraq.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Miss Judy

The Portugese Police made fatal mistakes with this investigation from the very start but, nobody forgets Madeline, poor little girl and her plight. Her parents should be ashamed of themselves, the way I see it at the end of the day her parents left her in that vunerable situation, alone in an apartment in a strange country, not there to protect her and leaving windows & doors open so some sick person/people could take her. She didn't deserve that and it's so sick that her own parents that are supposed to love & protect her left her & her siblings in such danger just for a glass of wine & dinner!. It makes me so mad!. Half the fun of the holiday is having your children with you & it would never enter our head for a split second to leave ours unattended.

I just found the coverage on Sky news the other day a bit hard to swallow, they come across as extremely false, the sad look on their faces etc just not convinced by them & I just don't know how they face the world. They went on holiday a while ago, it was in the paper, really made me sick.

I dunno, just for the childs sake I hope closure comes soon and that she didn't suffer, she didn't deserve this to happen to her. I do believe her parents have been let off this very lightly.
    Sky were asking people around their area in Rothley to comment on the fact that the McCanns are no longer suspects & most of the people stopped said their thoughts are with Madeline, nobody said anything about the parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

hussey wrote: »

Holy Jesus, it's Schrodinger's media circus!

Miss Judy wrote: »
    The Portugese Police made fatal mistakes with this investigation from the very start but, nobody forgets Madeline, poor little girl and her plight. Her parents should be ashamed of themselves, the way I see it at the end of the day her parents left her in that vunerable situation, alone in an apartment in a strange country, not there to protect her and leaving windows & doors open so some sick person/people could take her. She didn't deserve that and it's so sick that her own parents that are supposed to love & protect her left her & her siblings in such danger just for a glass of wine & dinner!. It makes me so mad!. Half the fun of the holiday is having your children with you & it would never enter our head for a split second to leave ours unattended.

I just found the coverage on Sky news the other day a bit hard to swallow, they come across as extremely false, the sad look on their faces etc just not convinced by them & I just don't know how they face the world. They went on holiday a while ago, it was in the paper, really made me sick.

I dunno, just for the childs sake I hope closure comes soon and that she didn't suffer, she didn't deserve this to happen to her. I do believe her parents have been let off this very lightly.
    Sky were asking people around their area in Rothley to comment on the fact that the McCanns are no longer suspects & most of the people stopped said their thoughts are with Madeline, nobody said anything about the parents.

Indeed. All of the above.

Truly a rotten pair of people. As said they will not declare her dead as it would shift blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oranjeboom

I dont like the whole thing. The whole lots stinks to high heaven. I just hope the truth comes out soon. Those other two little kids should have been taken off them. If a child had gone missing in the UK after a mother and father fcuked off for dinner and a few drinks the kids would be in care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

God, those people have no shame. It's bad enough the "Find Madeline" fund is already paying their mortgage. And it's not like they were ever short of money.

I hope their other two children (assuming they won't also be abandoned and misplaced) will grow up, look back on all this and resent their greedy, selfish parents.

God, those people have no shame. It's bad enough the "Find Madeline" fund is already paying their mortgage. And it's not like they were ever short of money.

It is almost as if this is a question the media are self regulating themselves by. It is not to be asked. Alot like the way the media blame the government for MRSA rather than blaming individual nurses for not taking basic hygiene precautions :confused:

Advertisement