Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games For Windows LIVE now free

Options
  • 23-07-2008 8:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2008/07/22/560107.aspx

Cant say I have any GfWL games myself, never used it.

Paying to play fps' etc on pc is just silly tho. I dont mind paying for XBL when I'm around but **** paying to play online on my pc.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

This is good news even though I knew DOW 2 was going have the full set of service of Live for free anyway.

You did not have to pay for Halo 2 or Gears of War to play online. But if you wanted to have access to cross-platform multiplayer and multiplayer achievements you needed to pay for a gold account. I don't think this was made clear enough and lot of people where put off by this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Azza wrote: »
    This is good news even though I knew DOW 2 was going have the full set of service of Live for free anyway.

You did not have to pay for Halo 2 or Gears of War to play online. But if you wanted to have access to cross-platform multiplayer and multiplayer achievements you needed to pay for a gold account. I don't think this was made clear enough and lot of people where put off by this.
    Ah cool;

like I said, I actually dont have any WindowsLive games.

Any idea on what the cross-platform gaming is like?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

kaimera wrote: »
    Any idea on what the cross-platform gaming is like?

****e

Shadowrun was a cross platform FPS released last year, The consoles guys got their asses handed to them by the PC players and it was all kinds of unbalanced....

Its impossible to make a balanced cross platform FPS when the PC crowd have 1800DPI mice and the console crowd have two inaccurate thumb sticks

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

They actually nerfed aiming in Shadowrun when you moved the mouse quickly in an effort to negate the advantage of PC users over there console counter parts.

Did not here how it worked out in the end.

Advertisement