Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2004 Audi A4 facelift Model?

Options
  • 23-07-2008 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi
    I am looking at importing an 2004 A4 from the UK. I spotted one online, which is a 2004 and the new shape. I thought the new A4 model came in in 2005?

It says it's a facelift model, those anyone know what is meant by this?

Thanks
    Jack :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

The new model A4 only came out this year. The face lift came out at the end of 2004.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Post a link, we'll know from the pics

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've seen plenty of pre facelifted models on 05 plates but to be honest I have never seen a facelifted model on 04 plates. But Ireland may have got the facelifted model later than the UK.

That's a facelift model. The blue one above it is pre-facelift.

You can tell the difference by the "one piece grill" - if the chrome is all the way around the grill including beside the numberplate, then it's a facelift model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yep that is the facelifted model alright. It has the new Audi corporate face and grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭jack_pearse

Thanks guys...so by facelift they just mean the new shape? I was just suprised to see this shape on a 2004 reg.

Also does anyone know about UK regs, what does 54 mean on the reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Thanks guys...so by facelift they just mean the new shape? I was just suprised to see this shape on a 2004 reg.

Also does anyone know about UK regs, what does 54 mean on the reg?

Reg changes twice a year. As far as I know the 5* plate starts in September of one year to the end of March the next year i.e this car was registered somewhere between September 2004 and March 2005

The UK reg year is divided in two halves. 04 is the first half of 2004, 54 is the second half. 07 is the first half of 2007, 57 is the second half.

Edit: Moanin beat me to it. More info here - http://www.fleetdata.co.uk/newsystem.html

Usually with a German car you get a new model every 7 years or so (new = new chassis, new interior, total model change).
    To keep the cars contemporary and to keep demand going, they'll normally facelift the cars after 3.5 years (ish). Normally it just means a new front and rear bumper, new light clusters and some cosmetic changes to the interior trim.
    Often it'll include a spec improvement too.

Advertisement