Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson already starting the war..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

gixerfixer wrote: »
    Have to say even as a liverpool fan Ferguson is one of the greatest managers ever and deserves all the credit he gets but what a horrible horrible little pathetic man he is with all his mind games.Sad really as it will tarnish his record in years to come:)

lol

Only thing sad is that now that people can't attack any of his achievements, they have to attack the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I can understand why Utd fans would pay attention to stuff that Sir Alex Ferguson says and does. But seriously, why do fans of other clubs bother? I couldn't care less what he thinks about Liverpool or any other club for that matter - it's irrelevant.

Just to be clear, I wouldn't have any interest in what Scolari, Wenger, Megson etc, etc say just as I wouldn't expect fans of other clubs to listen to what Rafa has to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

SAF >>>what a twat.

Are these pathetic mind games an effort to deflect the fact Ronaldo has *possibly* played his last game for ManU??. :eek: :D LOL. If ManU lose twinkle toes and dont sign Berbatov I expect Chelsea to win the Premiership.

ManU havent have a decent striker since Ruud Van left.

Also SAF has paid a massive complement to Jose cause he never tried his stupid mind games with The Special One. (cause he'd lose)

+I really didnt like the "I really feel embarrassed for Spurs..." quote when ManU are clearly trying to tap up/destabilise the player. SAF is a nasty piece of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Dont be so bitter. How was the European Cup undeserved?

Dunno about undeserved, but I'm not sure they deserved to get past Barca

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Memnoch wrote: »
    Dunno about undeserved, but I'm not sure they deserved to get past Barca

Scholes goal was fit to win any tie. United also missed a penalty in the first leg. How many clear cut chances did Barca have to make them worthy winners of the tie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,710 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

SAF >>>If ManU lose twinkle toes and dont sign Berbatov I expect Chelsea to win the Premiership.

What do you expect if United keep Ronaldo and sign Berbatov aswell?

Rooney, Tevez? Whats your point. There success is some way lessened because they havn't had a 30 goal striker?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

SAF >>>what a twat.

Are these pathetic mind games an effort to deflect the fact Ronaldo has *possibly* played his last game for ManU??. :eek: :D LOL. If ManU lose twinkle toes and dont sign Berbatov I expect Chelsea to win the Premiership.

Also SAF has paid a massive complement to Jose cause he never tried his stupid mind games with The Special One. (cause he'd lose)

+I really didnt like the "I really feel embarrassed for Spurs..." quote when ManU are clearly trying to tap up/destabilise the player. SAF is a nasty piece of work.

The mind games have been going on for years involving those at the big clubs and in bog games across Europe too. It's part of the game and to be honest, I think it hypes things up a bit too. Rafa v Jose v Fergie v Wegner in build ups to all the big games. Same thing in Champs league. Jose v Rijkard for example. The players get involved too whther it be for matches or the transfers (like players coming out and saying this or that player would be welcomed here or this players wages could disrupt team morel etc).

Some teams don't get involved in the mind games because they don't have the history or Rivaly of some of the teams. Keegan just about got involved with his famous rant when he thought his team were seriously going to make Fergie and the boys look stupid but in the end, he was out of his league becoming a good example to other managers why not to get involved if at all possible.

ManU perhaps haven't had a stiker with Ruuds scoring qualities but that day will come. How long did it take us to get a keeper that could fill Schmeichels shoes? Anyway, so far we have strikers who are doing good jobs and some playing in all sorts of positions for the team (Rooney). If we don't get Berbatov, am I worried? No is the answer to that because at the end of the day, we still won have a league double and a champions league trophy without Berba in the team.

I'm sure there is work being done and if it's not Berba coming in, I'm sure Fergie has plan B. The transfer window is still open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Rooney, Tevez? Whats your point. Er are u goin to say Saha next....??? :D

Rooney is not a striker. Neither is Tevez. Just because they play upfront doesnt mean they are the same quality as Ian Wright, Alan Shearer, Thierry Herny, Eto & Drogba etc.

+If Ronaldo and Berba play in Uniteds red next season ManU has already won the Premiership.

For all the idiots that once again bought what the papers say hook, line and sinker, like a bunch of sheep without thinking for themselves, this is for you.
    Sir Alex has clarified recent media reports suggesting he’s dismissed Chelsea as title contenders because the Blues’ squad is too old.

National newspapers ran with the story after the United manager sat down with journalists in Durban during the Reds’ pre-season trip to South Africa.

Many articles were accompanied by sensational headlines, while one daily paper sought reaction from a Help The Aged spokesperson and claimed Sir Alex had branded Chelsea “a bunch of old codgers”.

These were the manager’s actual words:

“[Chelsea] are an experienced side. I'm not saying necessarily that they're old because with the modern-day training methods you should be playing in your 30s.

“What I'm saying is that I don't see outstanding progress coming from a team that's in their 30s.”

In Johannesburg on Friday afternoon, speaking ahead of the Vodacom Challenge final, Sir Alex was keen to clear the air.

“I can clarify [those comments] quite easily,” he said.

“Ask the English journalists what they did with the story – they put a headline on it and it ends up embarrassing you.

“What I said was that Chelsea are a very experienced team, and when players get to their 30s you don’t expect a big improvement from them.

“I also said they will be a big challenge to us, as will the other two clubs [Arsenal and Liverpool]. I don’t think there’s much between the top four clubs.”

Sir Alex also insisted recent comments attributed to Carlos Tevez on the future of Cristiano Ronaldo were untrue.

Tevez was quoted as saying he believed Ronaldo should be allowed to leave Old Trafford if that’s what he desires. But the United manager refuted Tevez had issued the quotes.

“Carlos Tevez did not say that,” he said.

“At this moment in time we’re driven by a mad media who have to get stories out every day.

“I can’t wait for the season to start so we can get back to some sense of normality and we can all settle down to play football again. These guys in the press are just crazy.”

Video

Link

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Fergie has made stupid comments like that before and knew what he was at.

But you know it all Neil1984 dont ya :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Em CHD, read his previous interview for crying out loud. Like read his actual words. He never even once suggested Chelsea won't challenge, he just pointed out that their squad is unlikely to progress much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

SAF >>>what a twat.

He got asked a question and gave an honest answer. I don't really see what he said that is so controversial or even was mind games.

Man Utd haven't had a decent striker since RVN left, well since he has left they've won consecutive titles and a CL. I really don't think they care tbh.

'Clearly' he tapped up Berbatov, okay could you tell us how then? You obviousely have the evidence there for yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

PHB wrote: »
    Em CHD, read his previous interview for crying out loud. Like read his actual words. He never even once suggested Chelsea won't challenge, he just pointed out that their squad is unlikely to progress much.
    He knew it would be taken the way it was.he does it every year.

Doesn't matter im not getting into this with United fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

CHD wrote: »

He knew what would be taken the way it was?
    He gave a very valid opinion and backed it up.

There's no story in it, but the tabloids being what they are will try and spin anything into a controversy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Then why post a response?

He knew it would be taken the way it was. I'll have to rememebr that one for later in the year.

• Advertisement

Fergie has made stupid comments like that before and knew what he was at.

But you know it all Neil1984 dont ya :rolleyes: :pac:

:rolleyes: Where did I say i knew it all?

What i said was too many people buy into what newspapers and reporters tell them without looking for the facts. I have posted facts, with a video interview straight from the horses mouth to prove this. I really don't see your gripe at me for posting that tbh. Maybe u just desperately want him to have said it..

Oh yea of course he did :rolleyes: Did he tell you that when you talked to him yea?

Some people. Course you're not getting into it, because if you did you'd be wrong. SAF has cleared it up, there's no story, as much as I know you hate that but thats the way it is.

Advertisement