Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay / Target Shooting in Cork (or close)

Options
  • 23-07-2008 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm hoping to organise a bit of clay pigeon shooting in Cork in about 3 weeks for my brother's stag. Group of about 10 or so.

I've spotted one place online - Claybird but it seems savage expensive. Can anyone tell me any others?? I went to a place near Kinsale years back that was pretty good, and very reasonable too.

I also heard that there's some place you can go to fire handguns. Has anyone any more info on this?

Thanks...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Are ya sure that claybird place isn't the one near kinsale you were already at? :confused:
    I tried lookin a while back too, in this thread...... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055257369
    Unfortunately thats as far as i got. Havent had the free time to drive there and investigate!!
    I'll try to dig out the grid ref for ya if ya like, but it might take me a while. If you do come across anythin interesting, please post.
    By the way, there is a pistol club near fermoy, but you need to be qualified and own a pistol before ya can shoot, and be a member as far as I know. Other than that, I know of nothing else.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Give Tom Houlihan a ring. He's a qualified coach in Cork and may be able organise someting for you.
    His details are here - http://www.icpsa.ie/coaching/coach_find/553.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Thanks for the info lads

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

hi,
    was that place you shot at near the airport on the way to kinsale?
    if so its closed with a good few years now. there is a very good clay
    club in dunmanway, about an hour from cork city. i think they do corporate days so could be worth a shout. i dont have a number but you could try jeffers sports in bandon for a number.. they do d.t.l ,sporting and compact sporting down there.

I contacted clay bird and they seem to be in some kind of "difficulty" and are no longer taking bookings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 harlemangel

Hi
    Im looking for the same thing in Cork, clay pigeon shooting for about 15 people.
    found this crowd : www.rebelcorporate.com, but they only do laser shooting.(if yer gonna go shooting, no point in playing with lasers i reckon!)

I heard there is place close to Ballygarvan, buti cant find details of it anywhere.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Cheers.

I came up wit nothing anyway - only more laser clays in Watergrasshill - http://www.kartworld.ie/cms/laserclays.php

Advertisement