Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

days with my father

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Extremely touching website !
    I wanted to tell the son that but could not find any contact information !

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

That had me crying in work..... That's what I get for dossing on the internet at work!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

Wow. That's excellent.
    Site very nicely done too.
    sunny2004 wrote: »
    If you click on his name on the last slide it brings you to his own website.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Very nice. Really well put together and very candid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Lost my dad four years ago at 76. It's a lovley tribute. Cherrish them whilst their still there, you'll never get them back when they're gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Lost my Dad 11 years ago at the aged 75. Poignant doesn't even begin to describe this.

Beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

The book is available to pre-order now. No release date though.

Love the photos, very personal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

That was so very moving, The pictures and story are just so enfused with emotion its touching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Wonderful, very moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Extremely touching website !

http://www.dayswithmyfather.com/#/comments

Yeah, I've seen this site posted so many times, and I love when it is. I'm always blown away by it. It is the kind of site which you don't grow tired of.

I think everyone who is blessed/lucky to have parents with them should definitely document them through the reality of the lens. My wife took some photographs recently with me and my mam and dad at one of them significant birthdays (that you might rather you were not reminded of), and they are really special images to me.

I'd love to do an in depth set. Would I have the courage/conviction to address it? (rhetorical question).... one to think about.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

Bit of a longterm lurker here....wonderful link, just rang my old man, he's on his way over to help me fix something that doesn't need two people to fix it. I think I saw a discussion on here somewhere about photography being dead - what rubbish. Thanks.

Now where did I leave my camera....

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

http://www.mrtoledano.com/
    his are some of the best photographs I have seen in a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭sallysaucer101

That was amazing! Has me crying in work..not good I'm a hotel receptionist!! Thanks for posting though. WOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Navigation is annoying as hell.

Advertisement