Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

internal flights in south america

• 23-07-2008 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know any websites to get cheap internal flights in south america??

having difficulty find some, all the flights are 400 dollars plus..

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

They can be quite expensive.

Check out Gol, Aerolineas Argentina, LAB, Aerosur, Amazonas, TACA, LAN and TAM.

Can't think of anymore off hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Flights within a country can be quite cheap but flights from one country to another can be ridiculously expensive. I paid 600 euros Quito to Santiago rtn. Also some countries have cheaper prices for locals where you need a native id card to access the local home page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭colm_r

Travel agents can be really helpful - many of the cheaper airlines don't seem to have functioning websites, but travel agents in the countries are able to book for you. I had huge difficulty booking an internal flight in bolivia outside of the country, but a travel agent at the border was able to sort it out in minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Meathlass wrote: »
    Flights within a country can be quite cheap but flights from one country to another can be ridiculously expensive. I paid 600 euros Quito to Santiago rtn. Also some countries have cheaper prices for locals where you need a native id card to access the local home page.

Yeah the difference in price for locals is huge. In general I'd be against tiered price systems but in economies like those you can't expect parity with ours.
    colm_r wrote: »
    Travel agents can be really helpful - many of the cheaper airlines don't seem to have functioning websites, but travel agents in the countries are able to book for you. I had huge difficulty booking an internal flight in bolivia outside of the country, but a travel agent at the border was able to sort it out in minutes.

Yeah local agencies can be the way to go but often add surcharges etc so try and do it yourself first if you can. It can be a much easier option to go with an agent and even if they get a few extra bob out of you it's good to use local services too for obvious reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

In Brazil- you can only book flights online if you're a resident, just go to a reputable travel agency, the guide books will have some. We booked flight from Rio- Salvador, returning Salvador- Sao Paulo, think it cost like €250 equivilent

Advertisement