Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer guts and unfair permanent bans.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

"http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55794233#post55794233
    Will calls Pighead a grande idiote. "

Pighead I do apologize if my comment upset you. I find your posts generally quite hilarious and usually have me cracking up in the office. :(

edit: Oh didnt read it properly, well whether it offended you or not i am sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Will wrote: »

Pidhead I do apologize if my comment upset you. I find your posts generally quite hilarious and usually have me cracking up in the office. :(
    But thats the point Will! It didn't upset Pighead. Was making the point that it seems to be ok for other people to have a bit of banter but when Pighead does it he's out of line. Thats all.

On the other hand you just called Pighead "Pidhead". That actually was a little bit upsetting .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Pidhead I do apologize if my comment upset you. I find your posts generally quite hilarious and usually have me cracking up in the office. :(

I think its obvious from his post that he doesn't mind it but that a similar comment from him would have resulted in different Mod reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I find your posts generally quite hilarious and usually have me cracking up in the office. :(

So, when you get sacked you'll be here, in Feedback, accusing Pighead of costing you your job? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

The Muppet wrote: »
    If the said thread was so hurtful it should have been acted on immediately. To retrospectively cite that as reason for a later ban doesn't ring true to me.

How old is the thread being referred to here by the mods?

Pigheads links above indicate that personalities are at play with his harsh treatment.
    Thats exactly it. Well said. Hear, hear. +1 and all that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Corrected spelling.
    Hmm, I enjoy Pighead's posts in most forums, as of late the prison forum is a joy to watch. I can't speak for the BGRH mods, however, I enjoyed your posts because they weren't serious in nature. They did poke fun at the BGFH ethos which may have went against the grain somewhat.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If the said thread was so hurtful it should have been acted on immediately. To retrospectively cite that as reason for a later ban doesn't ring true to me.

How old is the thread being referred to here by the mods?

Pigheads links above indicate that personalities are at play with his harsh treatment.

I actually agree. Hindsights 20/20 though.

But then what are you going to do? Say mods can only ban based on the last 20 posts by a given user?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Pighead I get the sense from all this that the bgrh forum might not be what you need, senseless oppressing of persons for normal manly banter in a not so normal bar.

We'd welcome you to mancore

just fill in this simple questionaire and pm it to me and we'll see if your third person posting ways are mancore enough.

Mancore Virtues:

Bloodlust
    eg, gluttonus play piercing, hunting, bear fighting

Commitment
    eg, Showing your "wannabe mancore" in your signature.

Endurance
    eg, Suspensions, 24 hour shifts at work

Strong Stomach
    eg, Tabasco sauce on everything

Strength
    eg, Saving/Taking someones life in a bar fight, being a fireman

Large Gauge Piercings
    eg, Lobes, P.A.

MIYP
    eg, Metal in your pants

DIY
    eg, Doing your own surgery , piercings etc

Has Only Ever Shed A single Tear

show examples of the following to gain access.

mancorekitteh128540075510781250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Any chance this can be wrapped up in the next 10 minutes, I have to go?

SDooM wrote: »
    Just a guess but perhaps the mods who don't see anything wrong in that thread were not aware this poster would react badly. If Pighead was aware of that- and we can't verify that or not, because we can't post it here- then it's a rather clear case cut of trolling.
    Jesus SDooM, would you ever have a read at what you've just wrote! You'd swear Pighead had sullied the poor persons reputation beyond repair and cast aspersions on his parentage amongst other things.

It's an internet forum. How the hell does Pighead know if the poster is going to react badly? Did he think how Pighead would react when he called him "obnoxious"? Course he didn't and nor should he have. Pighead stands by that thread and it was nothing more than a gentle ribbing. Pity it can't be showed in public as it's been talked about in here as the most monstrous creation since Frankenstein.

Oh and do you consider the links Pighead posted of Tom et al as examples of trolling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I actually agree. Hindsights 20/20 though.

But then what are you going to do? Say mods can only ban based on the last 20 posts by a given user?

It's not hindsight at all, a post either breaches the charter or it doesn't. I fail to see how a post that initally recieved no ban from the mods could merit a future perm ban .

Citing a post on the mod forum that only a select few posters have access to as justification for what appears to be an injustice is not very credable.

Pighead wrote: »
    Jesus SDooM, would you ever have a read at what you've just wrote! You'd swear Pighead had sullied the poor persons reputation beyond repair and cast aspersions on his parentage amongst other things.

It's an internet forum. How the hell does Pighead know if the poster is going to react badly? Did he think how Pighead would react when he called him "obnoxious"? Course he didn't and nor should he have. Pighead stands by that thread and it was nothing more than a gentle ribbing. Pity it can't be showed in public as it's been talked about in here as the most monstrous creation since Frankenstein.

Oh and do you consider the links Pighead posted of Tom et al as examples of trolling?

Well, if you read what I said, if you did it with the knowledge of how he would react it was trolling. I specifically put that in there because I didn't want to accuse you of it.

I'll take a look at those links later (work, you see). But I certainly will.

Perhaps you shouldn't rib posters who you don't know all that well then, in case this happens again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,351 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wait, there is an imaginary bar? Awesome.

It's not hindsight at all, a post either breaches the charter or it doesn't. I fail to see how a post that initally recieved no ban from the mods could merit a future perm ban .

Citing a post on the mod forum that only a select few posters have access to as justification for what appears to be an injustice is not very credable.

I know that but its not like I can post it here.

Fair enough point, also.

EDIT: So if you were to say they cocked up in the past by not banning, but the person deserves a ban in reflection- what do you do now?

I might be wrong but that does seem to be the situation those mods are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Let the pig live and throw him a beer on me.
    i don't see any reason why the pig should be banned ''permanently''
    everybody enjoys his presence on the forums, long live the pig!

Perhaps you shouldn't rib posters who you don't know all that well then, in case this happens again.
    With respect SDoom the ribbing that Pighead is accused of in hostile tones by various Mods is taking place in a forum that professes to be a forum that doesn't take itself seriously and which welcomes ribbing, laughs and general joviality.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

With respect SDoom the ribbing that Pighead is accused of in hostile tones by various Mods is taking place in a forum that professes to be a forum that doesn't take itself seriously and which welcomes ribbing, laughs and general joviality.
    ...clearly it doesn't! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

But I think naming the individual in the thread isn't on at all. Especially in the light of both your post and mine.

Ah, but who named him in this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56658357&postcount=169

I know he doesn't use his full name but it's pretty obvious who's being referred to.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Ah, but who named him in this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56658357&postcount=169

I know he doesn't use his full name but it's pretty obvious who's being referred to.

Yes that should definitely be removed.

It ceases being a laugh when you start a thread on one person's particular negative attributes. Surely you can see how this can be seen as bullying?

I realise this applies to whoever started a poll about letting you back in as well as you. I think that was a bad move.

For the record I have had a laugh at many of your posts before but really I think this mess should be sorted out by the SMODS/ Admins TBH. Til then its only going to go round in circles.

Now I am going to do some work!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

This is a very sad day for boards, and indeed, ChewChew. as she is very fond of the old piggie and she has has even, on occasion, had conversations with other boardsies in his honour. RE: referring to herself as the third person. .

So come back soon piggie. . . run as fast as you're little legs will take you. . .

pig1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I have always found Pighead to be amusing.
    He is a word smith without equal on these forums.
    Accusations against him of cruelty are an overstatement.
    I have never seen him be vindictive or mean.

BGRH is a great forum, one of the best on Boards. I read it all the time but rarely contribute as my online time is limited and there's nothing worse than getting involved in a thread and withdrawing after 2 posts.

IMHO Pighead contributes well to the forum in terms of fun and taking the mick, the cornerstones of the forum. I can't see why people don't take the contributions as they are intended. Fun and banter.

I'd gladly welcome him into the Humour / Lolocaust / Stand-Up Forums but his humour is inter-reaction based rather than pre-scripted / staged.

My 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

We'd welcome you to mancore

Can I have access to mancore?

We can ignore the fact that I'm a woman! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hagar wrote: »
    I can't see why people don't take the contributions as they are intended. Fun and banter.

The majority do though and would welcome him back at the drop of a hate. Its just the mods and a few others that dont want him there. Pighead isn't Marmite, he's nutella and there are just some folk with nut allergies.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

/me buys pighead a pint. Harp ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Pointless poster, pointless forum and a pointless 22 page thread.

Time one is never getting back :/

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Pointless poster, pointless forum and a pointless 22 page thread.

Time one is never getting back :/
    Then why on earth did you read it all ya big ninny! Was it not obvious after the first couple of pages that this wasn't very interesting for you. Sheesh, some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Didnt someone in AH imply today that you had super aids?
    Did they get perma banned?

Who said I have super aids?! :confused:
    Boggles wrote: »
    Haha, when the mod of the stand-up-comedy forum doesn't find pighead funny, you have to ask yourself who picks some of these bloody mods!!!

:D:D:D

I find Pighead hilarious, there isn't a user on boards who has a finer or funnier way with words in my opinion.

But with that said I think his acivities on BGRH have constantly proven that he is just trying to get a rise out of people in there, and that poll he started was just bang out of order. Basic rule of boards: attack the post, not the poster. Attacking a poster in the opening post of a thread (where you by default can't be attacking a post) and starting a poll about which of their attributes you find most annoying is bullying or trolling to me, and even in a forum all about taking the piss it's totally out of order.

He wasn't banned for that, but I reckon the accumulative result of Pigheads actions (and his subsequent bannings) on the forum have brought the mods to the conclusion that he isn't welcome there anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

trout wrote: »
    Which one ?
    This one where Tom was claiming nastiness and most mods and some SMods thought Tom was taking it all too seriously. I didn't post in the other (biased moderation) thread because to be honest I already felt that some BGRH mods had it in for Pighead no matter what anyone said.
    What exactly have I done that you perceive as a travesty of justice ?
    I'd really like to know. Please explain.
    The travesty of justice bit was a joke (as I intimated), jeez if you take it literally no wonder Pighead is banned :pac: I feel that the ban is out of order. I've yet to see real evidence of why he should have been perm-banned. Nothing so far convinces me a perm-ban is necessary.
    This is far too fractious for the players involved to solve with out impartial oversight.
    I have, on several occasions, invited such oversight.
    Indeed, and yet it has come to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

orestes wrote: »
    ...but I reckon the accumulative result of Pigheads actions (and his subsequent bannings) on the forum have brought the mods to the conclusion that he isn't welcome there anymore

...and yet everytime there has been a poll asking if he should be allowed in , the answer is a resounding YES...Pighead is no Lisbon treaty. The vast majority of people want him posting in BGRH! :) It seems that the mods don't want him, not the majority of posters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement