Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer guts and unfair permanent bans.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hill Billy wrote: »
    My eyes are bleeding...
    Really? You should see a doctor!! :pac:
    ba-dum, tish
    /joke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Really? You should see a doctor!! :pac:
    ba-dum, tish
    /joke

get your coat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I have just read this whole thread.

I can feel my mind melting, I'll never be the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Zaph wrote: »
    Despite my friendships with the mods I can say hand on heart that I've never been privy to any PMs or deleted posts relating to or in BGRH, however Pighead's low-level trolling of the forum has been a constant topic of discussion for months any time I'm out with any of them. There comes a time when you've just got to say enough is enough. His persistent sniping and attempts to goad other posters or the mods are like the Chinese water torture - a few drops aren't going to bother you too much, but when it keeps going on and on it drives you insane.
    You say there comes a time to say enough is enough but yet you admit to not reading the thread and therefore you couldn't possibly know if this was that time.

Pighead knows you support Leeds. Pretty sure then that you remember Vinny Jones. Thats who the mods see Pighead as.
    A rubbish footballer who had a nasty streak in him and whose job it was to disrupt the game. Now just say Vinny Jones made a bad tackle in February against Man City, ref seen it but decided to do nothing. Three months later they're playing Everton, Leeds get a throw in and Jones takes it. He foul throws it. Referee sends him off and tells him he's banned for life. Jones says "Why? All I done was throw a ball in the incorrect manner" Ref tells him to accept the ban. "Sure remember that bad tackle against Man City a few months back. You had it coming son"

Pighead reckons his bad tackles are more Paul Scholes than Vinny Jones but thats another matter.
    I haven't seen yet what exactly got Pighead his ban, that's another day's work, but regardless of whether you find his schtick boring or hilarious (I'm in the former camp), it does go on and on and he keeps provoking until he finally gets a reaction. Well now he's got his reaction and he doesn't like it, but in reality what did he really expect? He's been banned several times already, and irrespective of the merits of each individual ban, surely he must have realised himself that he was running out of lives in BGRH?

Pighead is his own worst enemy, imo, because he's started to believe his own press. He seems to think that he's above the law on Boards and is impervious to any sanctions, but now that he's found out he's not he cries about it to anyone who'll listen. But that said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if his contrribution to this thread has been minimal and he's happy letting all of Boards give him the attention he craves so much.
    Would you ever get over yourself Mr Zaph. "Believing his own press" "attention he craves" "impervious to sanctions" What a load of waffle. Find Pighead one example of him acting like a bigheaded or arrogant fcuker and we'll take it from there. Pighead works 7 -3 and 3-11 shifts in a job that is quiet for two months out of every three. Boards is an enjoyable way to spend a few hours whilst in work. There's some cracking posters on here that make Pighead giggle and it's just generally a great way to while a few hours. Nothing more, nothing less.

To say "he cries about it to anyone who'll listen" is also a bit ridiculous. Pigheads been here about three years now and this is his first ever feedback thread. Got a ban for that rats piss comment, thought it unfair, didn't say a word. Only came "crying" when the ban was made permanent due to a second ban been given which was equally as unfair as the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Only getting access to this now as I've been banned from feedback for the last week.

Farcical banning to say the least. The BGRH mods have now been involved in 2 massive feedback threads in a week, and are coming out of both of them looking extemely bad.

Can I just point out that the trouble only started in BGRH since a certain humourless mod was introduced.

Coincidence...I think not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I'm surprised that this thread is still running. The moderators may well have been right to issue a ban for the deleted posts we cannot see. The subsequent banning (permanent) is incorrect IMO if Pighead's initial posts are true, the posts he was most recently banned for are hardly worthy of the punishment.

It still means that Pighead is 1 strike away from perma-ban even if the last one is overturned.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Only getting access to this now as I've been banned from feedback for the last week.

Farcical banning to say the least. The BGRH mods have now been involved in 2 massive feedback threads in a week, and are coming out of both of them looking extemely bad.

Can I just point out that the trouble only started in BGRH since a certain humourless mod was introduced.

Coincidence...I think not.

I dont either.. That was a rolleyes day for me. And I hate that smiley, so I didnt post with it, just visualised it really hard with my eyes shut really tight.

Pighead was right on that one and all.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055290612&page=3&highlight=pighead

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok I'll defend Pighead to the teeth on this coz he has been wronged but all this Thaedydal bashing is a load of crap! Pighead has been mistreated since before Thaed started modding that forum. Like Pighead and many others Thaed has a style to her posting which some dont seem to get, thats fine. Thaedydal is a great poster and mod on plenty of forums on here and has been personally very helpful to me in a couple of forums, via PM and face to face. Saying she has too much on her plate and that she needs to lighten her load is also crap, when it gets to much for her she will let the powahs know as she did when she took a break in the past from PI.

The Thaed bashing is just as bad as the Pighead bashing.

My 2c.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think, and again 6th, with respect because your posts on this thread have been nothing but measured and well thought out points, but I think that if Thaed and other mods want to point out problem posters and chase them with such Herculean intensity that they hover over the ban button as soon as the imaginary line is crossed, then they should hold up a mirror to some of their own posts and either cop on or **** off.

I know I said I'd stay out of this after my input yesterday but has anyone ever seen a feedback thread with so much support for the banned person? I know I haven't, there hasn't even been an abundance of cat pictures either. Funny thing is though, even if he was to be un-banned - he would surely be banned again in the near future as the mods obviouslydon't like him & we'll be back to square one!

I think the only option is to make a Pighead forum and he can create his own bar ''Ratpish O'Reillys''.

• Advertisement

6th wrote: »
    she needs to lighten her load up

fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Ok I'll defend Pighead to the teeth on this coz he has been wronged but all this Thaedydal bashing is a load of crap! Pighead has been mistreated since before Thaed started modding that forum. Like Pighead and many others Thaed has a style to her posting which some dont seem to get, thats fine. Thaedydal is a great poster and mod on plenty of forums on here and has been personally very helpful to me in a couple of forums, via PM and face to face. Saying she has too much on her plate and that she needs to lighten her load is also crap, when it gets to much for her she will let the powahs know as she did when she took a break in the past from PI.

The Thaed bashing is just as bad as the Pighead bashing.

My 2c.

I kinda agree with this. I profoundly dislike Thaeds posting style and moderating style, but looking back through those links posted by pighead, it seems to be tom dunne who's been causing most of trouble in the past. It's nothing short of bullying. It's another crap banning, whether permanent or not, but if TD is the "senior mod" (whatever that is) then I've a good idea where thaed et al are taking their lead from.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

fixed
    You seem to be the man for grudges.

Grow up.

CHD wrote: »
    You seem to be the man for grudges.

Grow up.

Please stop stalking me.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

get your coat
    ...okay :(
    /sniff

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Less of the Thaed bashing people.
    She's a fantastic mod and I know personally that she has a great sense of humour, so quit with that crap.
    As has been said already, Piggie was getting banned from BG & RH before she became mod so get your facts straight.

Only an Admin can make a decision on this, so in order to get a decision on it one way or another I have dropped one of them a PM pointing them in the direction of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I think Pig-head has made a case here that has yet to be resolved.

Pig-head walks the line in BGRH but it's a forum designed for piss taking. I find his contributions hilarious and tbh if people are offended by them they are being overly sensitive in a foum that you shouldn't be frequenting if you are the overly sensitive PC type.

I've come across pig-head in other forums and his posts are tailored accordingly.

When this erupted we have the mod's coming on here harping on about posts we can't see and banning for "general muppetry" and prior infractions (how many of those bans have we seen handed out)

Even TD's reference to Pig-head as Porky is offensive to a neutral lurkers like myself. A perma ban is absolutely ridiculous.

It's amazing the mods can write their infractions off as humourous (i.e poll's to govern the banning of a member) and Pig-heads as offensive and warranting perma-bans. What's good for the goose is not good for the pig it seems.

This is a blatant case of bullying and hiding behind the badge.

Agreed, she seems to have a personal dislike for the chap. Which is all well and good, but not when it clouds her judgement as a moderator.

I believe she calls him "trollhead" , and has indeed called him that already in this thread.
    Not acceptable from a moderator, and shows she is biased against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

"Agreed"? what are you agreeing with? You do know that "TD" as refered to above means Tom Dunne? I think CHC has it right.

"Agreed"? what are you agreeing with? You do know that "TD" as refered to above means Tom Dunne? I think CHC has it right.

who is chc?

I was agreeing with the post saying there is a case to be answered.

Why does she insist on calling him "trollhead" , even in this very feedback thread? That is disgraceful carry on from a moderator with a case to answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I was in total agreement witht he ban at the start of this thread and now im not sure at all. Some of the posts directed at pighead by mods of the forum were just as "bad" as anything pighead posted. You can't have it both ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

who is chc?

I was agreeing with the post saying there is a case to be answered.

Why does she insist on calling him "trollhead" , even in this very feedback thread? That is disgraceful carry on from a moderator with a case to answer.

Hey pvt touvh your shoulder a little with you hand there. You feel that thing there? It's a chip. Kindly remove and carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Guys, at this stage the ban is not up us. Neither is it up to us to say how a moderator should do his/her job. Beruthiel has contacted an Admin to lookover this thread. Lets allow the powers that be to decide on this matter.

togster wrote: »
    Hey pvt touvh your shoulder a little with you hand there. You feel that thing there? It's a chip. Kindly remove and carry on.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anti wrote: »
    Guys, at this stage the ban is not up us. Neither is it up to us to say how a moderator should do his/her job. Beruthiel has contacted an Admin to lookover this thread. Lets allow the powers that be to decide on this matter.

Agreed. The admins will make a decision, every point has been debated over and over at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Ok, So what solutions are we looking at here.

We have all the evidence, So what can the outcomes be?

Pighead's ban is permanent?

Or Pighead's ban is lifted?

I just dont see Pighead being comfortable posting in BGRH again.. With all the comments that have been made against him.. The mods are forever going to be scrutinizing each of his posts. He will be walking a thin line.

I feel sorry for Pighead.:o I find him funny.. He is like an annoying little brother, who keeps butting in looking for attention.. But at the end of the day you still have to love him. I think the perma ban was OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

There comes a time when you've just got to say enough is enough. His persistent sniping and attempts to goad other posters or the mods are like the Chinese water torture - a few drops aren't going to bother you too much, but when it keeps going on and on it drives you insane.

You know, for a bunch of people who like to kick back and have the craic all y'all sure are precious.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...all this Thaedydal bashing is a load of crap! ... Thaedydal is a great poster and mod on plenty of forums on here ... Saying she has too much on her plate and that she needs to lighten her load is also crap, when it gets to much for her she will let the powahs know as she did when she took a break in the past from PI.
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    Less of the Thaed bashing people.
    She's a fantastic mod and I know personally that she has a great sense of humour, so quit with that crap.
    Anti wrote: »

+1

People who don't know the full facts (Myself included!!!) should drop the arguments for/against this, these decisions are up to the mods and the admins, the rest of us are neither judge nor jury.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Please stop stalking me.

thanks
    Please cop on and stop moaning.No1 is listening.

Yesterday you were on a one man mission to get me banned from soccer because you were banned before and now you have a chance to bash a mod you dont like when the said mod has done nothing wrong at all.

Nothing better to do with your time?

Grow up and cop on.

• Advertisement

CHD wrote: »
    Please cop on and stop moaning.No1 is listening.

Yesterday you were on a one man mission to get me banned from soccer because you were banned before and now you have a chance to bash a mod you dont like when the said mod has done nothing wrong at all.

Nothing better to do with your time?

Grow up and cop on.

I won't be replying to your baiting comments anymore. Please try and stay on topic will you.
    :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement