Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer guts and unfair permanent bans.

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

pvt.joker wrote: »
    I won't be replying to your baiting comments anymore. Please try and stay on topic will you.
    :rolleyes:
    Truth hurts huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

seriously guys, stfu and take it to PM or yer own ****ing feedback thread.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

pvt.joker and CHD
    take it elsewhere you two, we're not interested in your crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Posting in epic thread.

I've read this from the start and firmly believe Iran should not be allowed a nuclear power program.

That's what this is all about isn't it?

CHD wrote: »
    Please cop on and stop moaning.No1 is listening.

Yesterday you were on a one man mission to get me banned from soccer because you were banned before and now you have a chance to bash a mod you dont like when the said mod has done nothing wrong at all.

Nothing better to do with your time?

Grow up and cop on.
    pvt.joker wrote: »
    I won't be replying to your baiting comments anymore. Please try and stay on topic will you.
    :rolleyes:

O get a room! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Wow, its still going. I imagine that regardless of the outcome of this if the admins have to review it, its going to leave a sour taste with many people which is a shame.

Maybe it will spark a review to the charter and moderation of the BGRH forum?

As long as it doesnt prevent classic threads like tallaght01's circumcision thread from showing up.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Zaph wrote: »
    Any particular reason why you'd think that? BGRH is as much about attitude and state of mind as it is about gender. If it wasn't there wouldn't be so many women who are more than comfortable posting there.

I've yet to have any complaints about my modding of TLL. While it all started as a bit of a joke, I've said from the start that if it ever reaches the point where the ladies there are uncomfortable with a male mod, or are unhappy with how I moderate the forum, I will be more than happy to step aside. The last thing I want to do is create conflict or discomfort where none currently exists, but the feedback I've received so far has generally that it's good to have a mod who sees things from a different perspective. I see Thaed modding BGRH as being along the same lines.

I've been at work and then out this evening, so there's no way I'm going to start reading through this thread at this stage. However, there is one point that I will add to the discussion. I've posted in BGRH since just about the very start of the forum. I've made a lot of good friends there, including the forum mods, and that's fairly common knowledge so so I'm not going to pretend that I'm something I'm not. Despite my friendships with the mods I can say hand on heart that I've never been privy to any PMs or deleted posts relating to or in BGRH, however Pighead's low-level trolling of the forum has been a constant topic of discussion for months any time I'm out with any of them. There comes a time when you've just got to say enough is enough. His persistent sniping and attempts to goad other posters or the mods are like the Chinese water torture - a few drops aren't going to bother you too much, but when it keeps going on and on it drives you insane.

I haven't seen yet what exactly got Pighead his ban, that's another day's work, but regardless of whether you find his schtick boring or hilarious (I'm in the former camp), it does go on and on and he keeps provoking until he finally gets a reaction. Well now he's got his reaction and he doesn't like it, but in reality what did he really expect? He's been banned several times already, and irrespective of the merits of each individual ban, surely he must have realised himself that he was running out of lives in BGRH?

Pighead is his own worst enemy, imo, because he's started to believe his own press. He seems to think that he's above the law on Boards and is impervious to any sanctions, but now that he's found out he's not he cries about it to anyone who'll listen. But that said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if his contrribution to this thread has been minimal and he's happy letting all of Boards give him the attention he craves so much.

Oh God. That whole post was like being in a very slow train crash. Bail out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Boggles wrote: »

Ah now, in fairness, I think Zaph said he was boozing, or he was knackered or something when he wrote that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

TBH I cannot see Pighead getting his ban lifted, because the only way he can fairly be readmitted to the BGRH is to remove at least two of the mods. Otherwise he will be constantly looking over his shoulder, waiting for the hammer to fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Ah now, in fairness, I think Zaph said he was boozing, or he was knackered or something when he wrote that.

Really? Seems pretty lucid and well constructed for a drunk tired person.

He spelt "schtick" correctly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Zaph was tired, not drunk, but he'd had a few beers with me last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

It's either coherent or it's not, kiddo :P
    Zaph wrote: »
    Yep, but I've had a few beers and it took so long to type all that that you got in there just ahead of me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Des wrote: »
    Zaph was tired, not drunk, but he'd had a few beers with me last night.

Did you brain wash him?

Quality wrote: »
    Did you brain wash him?

What an utterly stupid thing to say.

Zaph is well capable of making up his own mind on this issue.

He isn't one for following a lynch mob, which is more than can be said for the disgraceful behaviour of some of the clowns in this trainwreck of a thread.

Ok
    I am closing this thread until an Admin comes along and makes his decision.
    Everything that can be said on the subject has been said.
    Every angle has been covered.

Piggie, as I said earlier, I have brought this to an Admins attention, so when he has the time, he will come along and say his piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Pighead, I applaud you. And I genuinely mean that. I am utterly gobsmacked at the veracity with which you went after this. I simply do not have the time to retort each of your points, I admire your meticulous research of each and every thing I said.

But it also leads me to ask why. Why would you go after BGRH, and me, like this? Is it because I am the first mod to actually say, sorry, but your brand of humour does not fit in this forum? Is it because you know it's the one forum where you actually get a solid reaction out of various posters, and therefore need in so badly that you would go to this extreme? It is intriguing, to say the least.

And to the Lynch mob behind you, I have had my eyes opened. I now firmly believe Feedback brings out the dark side of human nature, and Boards.ie in general. I can genuinely say I am utterly appalled at those posters, whom I have never had any dealings with, who suddenly crawl out of the woodwork to have a go at me. And my fellow non-BGRH mods, I am quite taken aback at some of your posts, the venom was quite apparent.

And so to the ban itself. Boards.ie has been described as a community of community. It is my firmly held belief that each individual community determines it's own standards of what is acceptable and what is not. I believe Pighead's ability to provoke members of BGRH and generally cause disharmony, did not suit the forum. Am I wrong? Looks like I am.

I hold my hand up and say publicly and openly that I messed up, bigtime. I thoroughly enjoy BGRH, and I will be the first to admit, sh!t stirring in that forum, from whomever it is, does not sit well with me. Yes, the forum is full of silliness, juvenille posting, flirting, whatever, but it's actually great fun. To see that fun spoiled by anyone, really gets me going. Did it cloud my judgement? Looks like it did.

So, I think to close this sad turn of events, it is best that I lift Pighead's ban and admit that I made a mess of the whole thing.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Pighead, I applaud you. And I genuinely mean that. I am utterly gobsmacked at the veracity with which you went after this. I simply do not have the time to retort each of your points, I admire your meticulous research of each and every thing I said.

But it also leads me to ask why. Why would you go after BGRH, and me, like this? Is it because I am the first mod to actually say, sorry, but your brand of humour does not fit in this forum? Is it because you know it's the one forum where you actually get a solid reaction out of various posters, and therefore need in so badly that you would go to this extreme? It is intriguing, to say the least.

And to the Lynch mob behind you, I have had my eyes opened. I now firmly believe Feedback brings out the dark side of human nature, and Boards.ie in general. I can genuinely say I am utterly appalled at those posters, whom I have never had any dealings with, who suddenly crawl out of the woodwork to have a go at me. And my fellow non-BGRH mods, I am quite taken aback at some of your posts, the venom was quite apparent.

And so to the ban itself. Boards.ie has been described as a community of community. It is my firmly held belief that each individual community determines it's own standards of what is acceptable and what is not. I believe Pighead's ability to provoke members of BGRH and generally cause disharmony, did not suit the forum. Am I wrong? Looks like I am.

I hold my hand up and say publicly and openly that I messed up, bigtime. I thoroughly enjoy BGRH, and I will be the first to admit, sh!t stirring in that forum, from whomever it is, does not sit well with me. Yes, the forum is full of silliness, juvenille posting, flirting, whatever, but it's actually great fun. To see that fun spoiled by anyone, really gets me going. Did it cloud my judgement? Looks like it did.

So, I think to close this sad turn of events, it is best that I lift Pighead's ban and admit that I made a mess of the whole thing.

Fair play Tom. Excellent post. That should be that in fairness.

Well done and congrats Tom on coming to that decision and humbly changing your mind with grace.

Piggie, I hope this makes you happy.
    I hope also, that when posting in the forum you will be mindful of what you post and say to others.
    Getting out of a perm ban once is pretty good going, me thinks if it happens again it won't be so easy.

I will also offer a helping hand to the mods of that forum in so far as, if they have a problem with you in the future and are not sure what action to take, I'll throw in my 2c worth.
    This may not be a good thing Piggie, I'm strict enough in my decisions and very rarely change my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

fair play Tom. Good post.

Lock the thread again, before the skunks come back.

• Advertisement

Fair play Tom, much better view of you now tbh because this thread was the only dealings I've had with you anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    But it also leads me to ask why. Why would you go after BGRH, and me, like this?
    Jesus Tom relax. Such drama. Pighead didn't go after anybody. Got a ban, thought it was unfair. Said nothing. Ban led to perma ban so started a feedback thread as didn't think this was fair or proportionate to the crimes involved. Then you threw a bit of mud my way so defended myself by showing that the "low level trolling" wasn't a one way street. You make this whole thing sound as if Pigheads been planning it meticulously for the past couple of years!
    Tom Dunne wrote:
    Is it because I am the first mod to actually say, sorry, but your brand of humour does not fit in this forum? Is it because you know it's the one forum where you actually get a solid reaction out of various posters, and therefore need in so badly that you would go to this extreme? It is intriguing, to say the least.
    Says who? Just because you don't enjoy Pigheads posts surely that doesn't give you the right to perma ban him? Intriguing nothing. You're looking way too deep into this. Looking for ulterior motives when there aren't actually any.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement