Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer guts and unfair permanent bans.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

jsb wrote: »
    have you searched through all pigheads comments in BGRH both undeleted and deleted? Do you actually think he is first person in feedback to give a full unbiased account of his posts? And do you read the BGRH on a regular basis to be able to say what and what isn't trolling in that forum?
    Ok first off your "Support the bring back Pighead to the bar" campaign sucks. You're not helping the case at all! Pighead demands you find a new cause.

Secondly, the matter at hand here is the permanent ban Pighead has received because of the 3 strikes and you're out rule. Pighead contends that at least two of those were unwarranted and therefore the ban is harsh.

And lets face it, Pighead has never been nasty or spiteful to any BGRH members. There has been some trolling along the lines of their fat bellies and hairless bonces but c'mon surely the laid back fun loving forum can handle that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

that sounds horribly like a defence of "it's alright cos I was doing it".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

2 month ban, last chance, wrap it up imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

tbh wrote:
    I think if I send someone a personal PM, for them to publish it is beyond the pale.
    In all likelihood they won't as you'll be pming people you like or people about trivial issues. My point was that as is the case with any form of communication, be it pm or spoken word, the other person always has the right to go off and proclaim it to the world. You wave any right to privacy by telling someone else. You trust your friends won't say anything sensitive about you.
    In this case it's silly for a mod to think their banning pm's are in any way private material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Is he really a troll? I think he's the funniest person on boards. I don't think the fact that he grates you is a reason for a permanent ban.

I wonder what a poll on the need for a pighead permaban would show?

Moot point. Nothing Pighead has ever done would come close to being a permaban situation. On the whole is Pighead a troll thing, the answer is that most of the time he walks the line perfectly. Pighead is funny, entertaining and obviously pretty clever behind it all. The best thing about Pighead as a poster is that you can have a laugh with him, myself and himself have had some very nice tongue in cheek moments where we take some shots at each other because, well,it's funny!

However, also with Pighead nothing of the real person is revealed. Everything is funny and well told as a story but mostly it is about as real as that as well.

I would have Pighead in a grey area where you are not dealing with the real person but the person you are dealing with is hardly a bad or offensive thing.

And Karl,

i completely agree with you about the poll.

• Advertisement

Calina wrote: »
    that sounds horribly like a defence of "it's alright cos I was doing it".
    Sounds can be quite deceiving Calina. Put a sea shell to your ear and it sounds like roar of the waves rolling onto the shore when in reality it's the shell acting as a resonator which amplifies the sound at specific frequencies, which are given by the dimension and the shape of the shell.
    I'm not absolutely sure I agree with this to be honest. Someone point out to me where it might be written. Otherwise, why bother with the PM route at all - let's go straight to feedback and lolcats?

as for OP, no straight opinion other than to say this: avoiding the harsh attention of mods is not hard. I did it for years myself before becoming a mod. Lots of harsh attention => hmmm...if you were to get back into the bar, how likely is it that your behaviour would change so as to cease attracting harsh attention? I mean, I loathe banning and infracting people. It takes away time out of my life that could be better spent doing other more productive stuff like reading Feedback.
    that sounds horribly like excusing the inexcusible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I think this thread seems to be raising up some serious points ... there will be no "lolcats" from me.

Godspeed Pighead .o>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭token56

This whole saga should be turned into some sort of a film.
    Pighead what actor would you like to play you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Pighead wrote: »
    Sounds can be quite deceiving Calina. Put a sea shell to your ear and it sounds like roar of the waves rolling onto the shore when in reality it's the shell acting as a resonator which amplifies the sound at specific frequencies, which are given by the dimension and the shape of the shell.

that sounds horribly like excusing the inexcusible.

On the other hand, sounds can be extremely accurate. Put your ear next to a Formula 1 engine revving up...It sounds like a Formula 1 engine revving up.

as for excusing the inexcusible, that's exactly what you're trying to do. I may not agree with how you got moderated but that does not divest you of responsibility for frequent low level trollery either.

On the other hand, sounds can be extremely accurate. Put your ear next to a Formula 1 engine revving up...It sounds like a Formula 1 engine revving up.

as for excusing the inexcusible, that's exactly what you're trying to do. I may not agree with how you got moderated but that does not divest you of responsibility for frequent low level trollery either.
    Thats fair enough Mr Calina. You are entitled to your opinion. Pighead thinks a permanent ban from BGRH was harsh, you don't. And now we shall say farewell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Trolling is a matter of opinion.
    I wouldn't ever define it as trollery. I would say hilarity.
    Different strokes and all that, but seriously, what is your point? How is pighead attempting to excuse the inexcusable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

What's low level trollery??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I always find Pighead's posts very funny, he actually livens BGRH up, which isn't exactly easy. While some will undoubtedly find his posts trollish because they lack the sense of humour the rest of us have (i.e. perverted, twisted and sick :)).

I vote to let the piggie back into the trough. I don't think he deserves a permaban. And for the record, I don't think Thaedydal always gets the in-jokes that are going around in BGRH. I'm a bit of a lurker, but I can still figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I always find Pighead's posts very funny, he actually livens BGRH up, which isn't exactly easy. While some will undoubtedly find his posts trollish because they lack the sense of humour the rest of us have (i.e. perverted, twisted and sick :)).

I vote to let the piggie back into the trough.

I beg to differ, I am pretty damn perverted twisted and sick... (Did I just admit to that O_O) and I find maybe 1 in 100 of pigheads posts funny, and don't recall having seen any in BGHR that weren't simply attempts to insult as many people as possible, or single users, and not a single post that fitted in with the "spirit" of BGRH. IMHO the only reason he want's back in there is so that he can try to wind people up some more.

Low level trolling = trolling, but trying to do it at the level where it's just scraping the boundaries so that they can be pointed back at and made out differently.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Seems a bit harsh alright.
    I wonder did DesF or anyone else report the post?

No-one reported the post

personally, i think the piggy banning stinks of bullying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

376204528_5f1e15d57e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I beg to differ, I am pretty damn perverted twisted and sick... (Did I just admit to that O_O) and I find maybe 1 in 100 of pigheads posts funny, and don't recall having seen any in BGHR that weren't simply attempts to insult as many people as possible, or single users, and not a single post that fitted in with the "spirit" of BGRH. IMHO the only reason he want's back in there is so that he can try to wind people up some more.

Low level trolling = trolling, but trying to do it at the level where it's just scraping the boundaries so that they can be pointed back at and made out differently.

Why do you think people keep voting him back in so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Exactly my point, I think the brand of "humour" in BGRH is very different because of the male slant on virtually all the posts there.

I agree with that in principle, but trolling is hard to define, a lot of people just jump in and out of forums posting slightly relevant material. Look at AH or again, BGRH. A troll is someone is is just out to get a reaction. At least Pighead's posts are unusually well-written and well presented for a good laugh. I wouldn't ever put him in the same league as the 'tards in the prison forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

And for the record, I don't think Thaedydal always gets the in-jokes that are going around in BGRH. I'm a bit of a lurker, but I can still figure it out.

I think you are wrong in that for a start.

Pighead, are there ANY posts in BGRH, which you made, but which have since been deleted, which you could have been banned for?

Remember this.

Mods of the forum, the Rec CMod (WWM), SMods and Admin can still see deleted posts.

<unnessecery crap>

So if a thread isnt going the way you want you think posting funny pics will sort it? Just like TD did when he replied?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Pighead is the most distinctive and hilarious poster on Boards. His post are a pleasure to read.
    Personally I'd question the sensitivity of anyone who takes him seriously, particularly in a supposed "tongue-in-cheek" forum like BGRH, but I guess that says more about the direction the forum has moved in than the poster.

The bad appears to be unfair, but I doubt my pointing that out will do anything constructive to resolve that. Pighead, I can understand your drive to sort this out, but consider this: if the ban was lifted, would the joy still be there? Would you really want to post in that forum again knowing what you now know?

There are plenty of other forums that require your attention!

Pighead wrote: »
    Ok first off your "Support the bring back Pighead to the bar" campaign sucks. You're not helping the case at all! Pighead demands you find a new cause.

hey I am just helping bring your fans to the table I never said where I stood (ok I did I said I think a infinite number of 1 month bans should be put in place as I do think the BGRH needs you but only in small doses)

6th wrote: »
    So if a thread isnt going the way you want you think posting funny pics will sort it? Just like TD did when he replied?

well if you bothered answering the questions I asked of you maybe I would of gone with a serious response but you didn't and yet picked up on a later post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

seriously though, when a majority of users are actually siding with the feedbackee, cat pics are unwelcome and stink of childishness.

USE YOUR WORDS man. Use your words...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

irishbird wrote: »
    No-one reported the post

personally, i think piggy banning stinks of bullying

I dont agree with you often, but this time i do !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I would like the questions in my first post to be answered. ie - was he actually banned for the two comments he highlighted?

I am aware that Piggie is one of those posters you are either going to like or not.
    However, if I were to ban for no other reason than not liking someone, we'd be down a few people at this stage....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

irishbird wrote: »
    No-one reported the post
    How do you know?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think BGRH kinda turned a corner there about 6 months ago.
    And again, with greatest respect to the brothers as I do love that forum and think it gets some great posting and great users.
    But it seems more of a private club to me.
    I dont post there much anymore, just lurk, I guess because a lot of what I would post would be largely tongue in cheek.
    Plus I ****ed up on there once, left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, like a veggie burger with side salad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Anti wrote: »
    I dont agree with you often, but this time i do !

i am an extremely agreeable person, so i find it strange that you wouldnt agree with me more often :confused:

anyway, back on topic LET THE PIG BACK IN, YOU MEANIE MODS

• Advertisement

well if you bothered answering the questions I asked of you maybe I would of gone with a serious response but you didn't and yet picked up on a later post

You mean your post where you ignored my question and just posted a few of your own? :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement