Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer guts and unfair permanent bans.

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Des wrote: »
    How do you know?

cos i have decided that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Pighead has grown on me of late....
    But if this wasn't pighead, i doubt people would be so sympathtic. I have seen other feedback threads which warranted constructive feedback turned into a farce. Pighead pushes the line all the time. If you live by the sword you die by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

irishbird wrote: »
    LET THE PIG BACK IN, YOU MEANIE MODS

The thing is though that even if they let him back in some have shown that they cant mod him fairly and that needs to be addressed.

Dont get me wrong now, I am a fan of a few of those mods - as people and as posters outside of that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

6th wrote: »
    You mean your post where you ignored my question and just posted a few of your own? :rolleyes:

well if you didn't get the fact that I was trying to imply that that wasn't what he was banned from then sorry. Then to answer your question no I don't think they were the comments he was actually banned for. Rather it would generally be his behaviour in a few different threads that would usually bring him up on the mods radar

I dont post there much anymore, just lurk

You see similar comments coming up a fair bit now days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Zulu wrote: »
    . Pighead, I can understand your drive to sort this out, but consider this: if the ban was lifted, would the joy still be there? Would you really want to post in that forum again knowing what you now know?
    Pighead doesn't post in BGRH much but it's nice to have the option. Sometimes whilst browsing, Pighead will see that trout has added onto his cracking Pa trout thread and it's a pain in the hole having to log out to read it.

Pighead will probably never ever go to Hungary in his lifetime but if the head of Hungary sent Pighead a letter saying he was barred from the country for "low level trolling" then Pighead would without doubt head straight for the European Court of Human Rights. No doubt about it.

jsb wrote: »
    well if you didn't get the fact that I was trying to imply that that wasn't what he was banned from then sorry. Then to answer your question no I don't think they were the comments he was actually banned for. Rather it would generally be his behaviour in a few different threads that would usually bring him up on the mods radar

I'm not a mind reader .... oh ... wait >_>

Anyway you say you dont think they were the comments he was banned for and there is the problem - the mods wont say what exactly he is banned for.

The thing is though that even if they let him back in some have shown that they cant mod him fairly and that needs to be addressed

well as there is only one reply from a BGRH mod it seems you are jumping to some major conclusions that the mods are in the wrong and can't be trusted to mod pighead properly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Is retrospective banning allowed? Surely the initial offence would have to be noted and the reason for the banning explained to the banned person. You are basically saying that it's ok to pick a random post from a poster and ban him/her for it because of past transgressions which haven't been made public. Maxi was right. It's a farce.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I think its a cop out to call pighead a troll. It seems that those who do not like his posts or style of humour find it easier to brand him a troll rather than just say that they dont find him funny.

Is the Serbian lad going to get a poll to determine if he should be allowed back? Of course not. The poll thing did seem borderline bullying to some degree.

• Advertisement

the mods wont say what exactly he is banned for.

seen as though this thread was only started this morning that hasn't give them any time to really get back to reply now has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

As much as I like Pighead's posts, I admit I'd probably have banned him a few times if I was a mod, but I'd let him back in for the hilarity he contributes. As said previously, he's very good in small doses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The topic of discussion might easly fit in here although i'm on the fence myself.The jury is still out .;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

But if this wasn't pighead, i doubt people would be so sympathtic.

One of the most relevant points raised to date i think.

I'm basing my views on Pigheads well laid out opening post and TD's dismissive reply calling for cat pics. Its not just me that sees the problem.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You see similar comments coming up a fair bit now days.

I wouldn't be able to speak for other posters myself, I just guess in general the original welcoming note has turned to more of a community where most of the regulars are well known, and so the need for new contributors has lessened, resulting in some of these new or infrequent contributors being ignored.
    I dont see why a piss take forum like BGRH has so much to fear from Pighead at all and dont see why his presence isn't welcome. I think that maybe my previous point is a factor in this banning and all.
    And I respect WWM, Trout, Mr. Dunne and Robbo as mods of the forum.
    As such I implore them to let piggy back in and admit that sometimes everyone makes a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

seen as though this thread was only started this morning that hasn't give them any time to really get back to reply now has it?
    It was a yes or no question Pighead asked in one of his posts.

2 seconds is all it would have taken.

If they infracted him when he steps out of line they will rack up and will result in a site ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Dragan wrote: »
    One of the most relevant points raised to date i think.

It might be relevant to how Feedback threads go in general but I don't think it's relevant to this thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I like Pighead, he's a funny guy.

I think everyone should ban him for the lulz and then give him his own forum so we could all come and pet him and learn to speak in the third person.

He could open his own bar, dispense advice on all things piggy, ban anyone whose sense of humour does not live up to the charter, the possibilities are endless.

• Advertisement

We should make him a nightwarden for the prison forum too.
    He's hilarious in there.

That actually sounds feasible. +1 from me! :D

Nightwarden of the Prison Forum and Mod of the Piggy Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Rather it would generally be his behaviour in a few different threads that would usually bring him up on the mods radar
    Well if he's not banned for a particular offence, then it's bullying* plain and simple. (*Banned simply because he wasn't liked) Which isn't cool.
    Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead doesn't post in BGRH much but it's nice to have the option. ....
    Certainly, and you have my support (although it's of little use to you). I was just pointing it out is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ok, lets do another poll. If you think pighead was treated unfairly, thank this post.

tbh wrote: »
    ok, lets do another poll. If you think pighead was treated unfairly, thank this post.

I dont think that really addresses the issue though. I mean we may have an e-mob on our hands then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Zulu wrote: »
    Well if he's not banned for a particular offence, then it's bullying* plain and simple. (*Banned simply because he wasn't liked) Which isn't cool.

I don't think he was banned because he isn't liked. As you can see alot of people like pighead (me too <3). He has been given lots of chances albeit in a non conventional way. Pighead is his own worst enemy. You cna't have one rule for some and different ones for others. I think the mods have had enough, and tbh i can't blame them

Someone's trying to get to the top of the top thanked list methinks

After the delija thread the BGRH mods reputations are in tatters, good time to strike Piggy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Earthhorse wrote: »
    It might be relevant to how Feedback threads go in general but I don't think it's relevant to this thread.

It is pretty relevant tbh.

It's having your cake and eating it to say that people's opinions of Pighead's "low level trolling" have got him banned and yet people's opinions of what kind of a poster he is is irrelevent when he complains about it.

Sorry but when you hold a poster up to a public poll on whether he's worthy of readmittance than after you've had your laugh the least you can do is scrub the banning.

Seems fair that your enjoyment would outweigh whatever truly astonishingly dreadful thing he'd done that warranted the ban previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I can't for some reason :(
    I don't think he was banned because he isn't liked. As you can see alot of people like pighead (me too <3). He has been given lots of chances albeit in a non conventional way. ...You cna't have one rule for some and different ones for others. I think the mods have had enough, and tbh i can't blame them
    Exactly. If he wasn't banned for a particular offence, then it's not fair is it? Just because someone has had enough, isn't a good enough reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement