Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

User generated games coming to XBL 'later this year'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

(EG) Jelly Car. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I like that idea! does anyone know if it'll be ridiculously complicated to make one yourself?

Afaik XNA games are developed using C# and can be done so if you download the 2008 Visual C# express edition for the toolset on how to do so.

Lots of details about the service can be found at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/xna/default.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

have the tools at home, downloaded them there yesterday

will try to get stuck in soon, but i dont hold out much hope lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Helix wrote: »
    have the tools at home, downloaded them there yesterday

will try to get stuck in soon, but i dont hold out much hope lol
    Score Helix.

let us know when ya get one done and we'll try get it approved for XBL :D

• Advertisement

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Afaik XNA games are developed using C# and can be done so if you download the 2008 Visual C# express edition for the toolset on how to do so.

Lots of details about the service can be found at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/xna/default.aspx

Hmm, sounds complicated! my ideas for games shall have to wait! (I don't have any really anyway!)

Jelly Car sounds sweet! (geddit?)

kaimera wrote: »
    Score Helix.

let us know when ya get one done and we'll try get it approved for XBL :D

will do

im a firm believer in oldskule games:cool:

Hmm, sounds complicated! my ideas for games shall have to wait! (I don't have any really anyway!)

Jelly Car sounds sweet! (geddit?)

I loved the 20second demo of Jelly Car back in feb. Cant wait for it to be released when XNA launches come autumn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

can anyone recomend me some good free online resources for leaning C on the web.

This service is a great addition but i think 100 dollers a year is abit steep for it.

if youre any good youll make it back on sales tho

• Advertisement

can anyone recomend me some good free online resources for leaning C on the web.

This service is a great addition but i think 100 dollers a year is abit steep for it.

Well for C tutorials most sites will do that go in depth, most tutorials will mention the same concepts & syntax . As for Compilers, i use Borland for windows and g++ on Ubuntu. Dev C++ is open source and is also decent. Id advise you to get the hang of C & C++ first (basic programs etc) before you go delving into game design.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Well for C tutorials most sites will do that go in depth, most tutorials will mention the same concepts & syntax . As for Compilers, i use Borland for windows and g++ on Ubuntu. Dev C++ is open source and is also decent. Id advise you to get the hang of C & C++ first (basic programs etc) before you go delving into game design.

Just how complicated is c & c++? I'm fairly handy with computers and the like but I've never tried anything like that...

Just how complicated is c & c++? I'm fairly handy with computers and the like but I've never tried anything like that...

Well I learned the two of them over the course of two years through college. I found that once you learn the syntax of one language you can apply it to any other languages whether it be Java, C#, PHP. If you are good at problem solving and logical thinking in general you will be fine. Programs can get quite large and complex so you come to realize just how hard it can be for games programmers and the ilk to design the software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭starwidow

yeah so it's going to take a while to make unless your a programmer

Advertisement