Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying something no one else wants

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I would love to buy a C6 too or a 4.5 cayenne, but lets face it I don't have money to burn, so what I am trying to do is figure out how stuck we'd be with the Touareg in 2 yrs time.

The issue with the Forester is that
    a) the main driver of the car (wife) doesn't like the look of it.
    b) I am not sure it would be any easier to sell on than the Touareg.
    c) think I would prefer the Legacy 3.0 spec b - it would give me space and pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭dizzydiesel

RobAMerc wrote: »
    +1 - or Outback - but this car for once is a joint decision, not just mine and if I am good I will get to buy a nice classic that only has to please one person.

AudiChris - what would you say in 2 yrs time to that Touareg, if I turned up with it ?

I'd say 3.2l petrol will be hard to sell......now and especially in 2 years time. Just think how much a litre of petrol will cost in 2 years? Somewhere between €2-3 is quite possible....not to mention the markey will be flooded with cars registered under the new VRT/C02 emmissions......so annual road tax on something "cleaner", registered post July '08 will be more attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭dizzydiesel

Velocitee wrote: »
    That drives me nuts,

"I will buy the base model <insert mass market hatchback name here> (cos it's cheaper and why would you want any more than a 1.4?) and pull into the overtaking lane to overtake (painfully slowly) the guy in front of me while the person who was originally pulling alongside me at speed in the overtaking lane drops anchor to avoid going into the back of me" :rolleyes: "My maneuver shall take no less than 5 minutes to complete after which I will re-enter the driving lane at a time of my choosing".

For the love of Mike you're driving a car every day - this business of people willingly buying underpowered cars and insisting on attempting to overtake within distances that would make a 911 turbo driver wince is ridiculous

Cars which, for their size and weight have relatively small engines/low power IMO are a hazard on our roads and rewarding with financial incentives low engine capacity (and more recently, emissions) only makes the situation worse. (yes a turbo BMW diesel has low emissions but I'm talking in general dammit! :D )

+100
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The issue with the Forester is that
    a) the main driver of the car (wife) doesn't like the look of it.
    Nothing to be done about that, i'm afraid!
    b) I am not sure it would be any easier to sell on than the Touareg.
    The Forester does seem to have a solid & loyal following, I think it's going to be far less susceptible to the whims of fashion than the Touareg.

c) think I would prefer the Legacy 3.0 spec b - it would give me space and pace.
    Now that might be a lot harder to sell on! It is bigger than a Forester, but I don't think it's any quicker. Mind you, if you got a used one at a good price...

Advertisement