Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E-mail disclaimers in company signatures - Does anyone read these?

• 23-07-2008 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

At the end of an e-mail that's sent from a company you often get the sender's name, position in the company and contact info, then below all that a "confidentiality" disclaimer about privacy and the like. "If this has been recieved in error" and "The opinions expressed in this e-mail do not reflect those of (Company)" blah, blah, blah.

So, does anyone ever actually read these? I ask because today I decided to liven mine up. I added the lines "No-one ever reads these things" and "If you are reading this, you have no life. Get back to work." into mine.

I've already sent a few out. Including one to two of the Big Bosses. Do you think it'll come back to bite me on the ass?

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

It's like the small print in contracts, more to protect the company should something go t*ts up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Lol, fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

If you read them then they can sue to feck out of you!?!?!? You have been warned.....

I think the only people who read these, so read the epic long EULA's that are on 99.99999% of software nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

My mate emails me from his work address, the following paragraph I glanced at and had to read twice!
    Disclaimer:
    The sender accepts no responsibility for historical inaccuracies, typos or misspellings present in any forwards from this address. If the forwarder can't be bothered with a little simple research or a spell check, the forwardee shall be exonerated except in special circumstances where the information provided is so outrageously fabricated so as to make everyone who forwards it look like a complete tool.

I lol'd. Makes it interesting. But no, I don't read them. ¬_¬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

I am in work

so here are the standard responses of "accountants"

"This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. if you have received this email in error please return it to the sender and then delete the email and destroy any copies of it. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the firm. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The firm accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. "

and

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and may be privileged and protected by law and are intended solely for the use of the person to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message please notify the sender immediately, disclosure of its content to any other person is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please note that any views expressed in this e-mail may be those of the originator and do not necessarily reflect those of this organisation.:D

Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. Please note this lack of security when responding by e-mail. Accordingly, we give no warranties or assurances about the safety and content of this e-mail and its attachments.

<Name of company here> nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and attachments. Any liability arising from any third party acting on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I have a mate who used to work for the water company in Sydney. His company emails always had little slogans about conserving water instead of legal disclaimers.
    The best one i can remember was

"No. 1 or No. 2,
    Nothing else goes down the loo".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

In my email the signature is :D

"please consider the environment before printing this email" :D
    and I print about 200 -300 sheets in a day and all go in bin :o

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

"please consider the environment before printing this email" :D

Same one as me. Thief!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Oh well, haven't been fired yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

antodeco wrote: »
    Same one as me. Thief!!

Thats on all mails in my company aswell!! :eek: lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

My work one doesnt actually have a disclaimer in it. But It does have office details and the number here, not my direct dial number though.

Advertisement