Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

instrumental album from the 80s?

Options
  • 23-07-2008 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hey guys, Im trying to remember the name of an instrumental album from the 80s? They were a Danish or Swedish group, nordic anyway as far as I recall. I cant recall the name of the album in full - something like Garden Party? - they had a minor hit with it back in the late 80s. I have tried to google it with no luck.
    Anybody out there have any ideas?
    I used to study for my finals listing to this album, it would bring back some good memories if I could listen to it again!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well there's a Norwegian group called Secret Garden who won Eurovision with a piece that had some vocals but was largely instrumental - that was called Nocturne. However they definitely won Eurovision in 1995, not the late 80s. But they are an instrumental, quasi-classical group.

Other than that, all I can think of is Laid Back, a Danish group who released stuff in the late 80s all right. I don't know whether they recorded any instrumental album but they seem like the kind of group that would... They don't have any album with a title like the one you suggested.

Ah... the only music I associate with my finals (1996) is Britpop, the Macarena and Peter Andre. I won't ever be taking that particular trip down memory lane... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dudess wrote: »

Ah... the only music I associate with my finals (1996) is Britpop, the Macarena and Peter Andre. I won't ever be taking that particular trip down memory lane... :)

Allow me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Dudess wrote: »
    Well there's a Norwegian group called Secret Garden who won Eurovision with a piece that had some vocals but was largely instrumental - that was called Nocturne. However they definitely won Eurovision in 1995, not the late 80s. But they are an instrumental, quasi-classical group.
    :)
    The female singer who sung on it was irish born to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I found the answer to my query - The hit song was called Garden Party, the band was Mezzoforte. Im a member on another website and one of the guys there found this out for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Marillion's Garden Party is much better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement