Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Anytime on PC

• 23-07-2008 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

A question on this if anyone can help.

I want to set this up as a Sky subscriber to watch Sky Sports simulcast on line. Once everything up and running I was wondering if the PC/Laptop needs to be connected up in Ireland or UK alone or if the content can be watched on the laptop in another country?

Certain programme content on rte.ie and bbc.co.uk is only available in Ireland and the UK and not outside aand I would want to check if there is the same restrictions before signing up.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Hi, just as an FYI , I got a sudden urge to try this a couple of months ago.
    I registered and downloaded the player etc. However,when I tried to view the programmes I was entitled to as per my Sky sub it would not work. Got message telling me to upgrade my package all the time and when I tried to do that it gave a message saying that service was unavailable! I eventually phoned Sky one night and they said it should be working and were working on the problem ,but they couldn't tell me what the problem was or when it would be resolved! I was surprised as they are otherwise a totally professional outfit that provide excellent service in my opinion.

I have given up on this now and will probably uninstall the software soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I have been using mine for over a year and it is handy sometimes when a match is on and i can view it seperately on my own pc.

I find sound and picture quality excellelt.

Only problem fo rme is it will only work on my old original pc in the house. This pc is fit for the bin and when i try to use skyanytime on other pc's i ger an error message telling me my account is linked to another pc and cannot run on different pc. So i took off the skyanytime from the old pc and i still get the error messages despite not having it on the old pc anymore?

Does anyone else know how to rectify this? (sorry for jumping in here but it's same topic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I have been using mine for over a year and it is handy sometimes when a match is on and i can view it seperately on my own pc.

I find sound and picture quality excellelt.

Only problem fo rme is it will only work on my old original pc in the house. This pc is fit for the bin and when i try to use skyanytime on other pc's i ger an error message telling me my account is linked to another pc and cannot run on different pc. So i took off the skyanytime from the old pc and i still get the error messages despite not having it on the old pc anymore?

Does anyone else know how to rectify this? (sorry for jumping in here but it's same topic)
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070721094746AAwJM8o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Get yourself a VPN for the UK and you can watch Sky player and BBC iPlayer to your hearts content from any country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Where can they be gotten redout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Here is a couple https://www.vpntunnel.co.uk/index.php , http://www.intl-alliance.com/store/ . Just Google "vpn uk" but make sure it is a UK based one otherwise above mentioned services will not work. I think this is a great little tool. I have used it to watch the video on demand from the big american networks websites (Fox, Nbc, Abc, Cbs TheCW etc.) obviously with an american based VPN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Do you need low latency for VPN?

Advertisement