Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contest: Oddest/coolest/most conspicious person in UCD?

Options
  • 23-07-2008 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

UCD has had some characters to be sure; people who you notice because they're just plain eccentric. Like the guy who dressed as a pirate on the last day of term, the dude who came in as Spiderman, the guy who LARPs every single day, that hippie who often doesn't ware shoes at all, those two guys in the library who were dressed for a serious BDSM party, etc.

Anyone you like to mention?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I have a few in mind, but I don't want to post about them for fear they, too, post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Alot of people lurk on this forum without posting.

I'm leaving this open for now, but I would advise posters to assume that the person that they are talking about will read this. If I get one complaint of bullying, then I'll probably lock this. It's not fair to make fun of weird people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

It's not fair to make fun of weird people.
    Why? They just act weird for the attention. If they get negative attention then that's their own fault.
    And before anyone asks I define weird as being not normal and normal and as not being weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Actually I meant this to be a good natured game of eye-spy! Eccentric is a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Seifer wrote: »
    Why? ...
    And before anyone asks I define weird as being not normal and normal and as not being weird.
    congratulations on answering the question within your own post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

theozster wrote: »
    UCD has had some characters to be sure; people who you notice because they're just plain eccentric. Like the guy who dressed as a pirate on the last day of term, the dude who came in as Spiderman, the guy who LARPs every single day, that hippie who often doesn't ware shoes at all, those two guys in the library who were dressed for a serious BDSM party, etc.

Anyone you like to mention?
    There's a guy on campus who LARPs every single day?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Raphael wrote: »
    At times UCD looks, to me, like one big MMORPG*, so how would I know the LARPer if I saw him? :pac:

I'd caution folks here against calling someone weird based on looks or anything else external e.g. an unusual accent. True weirdness comes from within. For example: to the students who came straight from school, Mature Students are automatically weird. Well, it must be weird, sitting in a lecture theatre next to someone older than the lecturer...

* MMORPG = Massive Multiplayer Orts Role-Playing Game

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

The homeless guy is the weirdest and coolest person in UCD at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im am horribly dissapointed and disgruntled that I have no yet been referenced by any of the above posters in their examples of oddest/coolest/most conspicious person in UCD. I take this very seriously and have reported all the above posts as violation of my self image.

Anyway I assume I cannot nominate Moi (Senior Fonzerelli) myself so id have to go with the bum aswell. Beware he has a ucd connect account and is a regular contributor to this forum

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

You're the UCD bum, aren't you Grimes?

The jig is up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

He is, and he's actually older than he looks. But he's a lovable rogue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Perhaps it is dispicable that I don't know, but what is LARPing?

I think you're cool, Grimey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

OI! The hippie with no shoes is my friend :(

I'm tellin'!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Or, more locally, What is LARP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

There is indeed a guy who LARPs everyday! He's usually dressed as an Elf/Robinhood-type thingie and hangs in arts.

And anyone who can't help but slander people because they don't conform you your narrow vision of normality, please refrain from showing us how ignorant you are, it hurts my sensibilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Well I've been told I'm weird because I never really missed lectures and I'm generally perky in the morning.

I don't think I count in odd or cool though.

*sobs uncontrollably*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ah there is nothing wrong with having a bit of an aul Larp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well I've been told I'm weird because I never really missed lectures

That is odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Or, more locally, What is LARP?

World of Darkness makes a lot more sense now....

OT: LARPing every day sounds like an awful lot of effort. Fair play to him, tbh....

• Advertisement
Advertisement