Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance course with CEM??

Options
  • 23-07-2008 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Is anyone doing a distance course with the College of Estate Management in England? I am doing a post graduate diploma in construction and to be quite honest I am completely lost! :confused:

HELP!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

Hi,

Im doing a long distance course with CEM, Postgradate Diploma in Surveying. Finding it ok. Completed year 1 of 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Abeyance

You mean lost as in with the coursework itself or something specific to the CEM ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭JennyG73

hblock21 wrote: »
    Hi,

Im doing a long distance course with CEM, Postgradate Diploma in Surveying. Finding it ok. Completed year 1 of 2.

Thanks for replying, I have by now actually got to grips with it. Thanks anyway. Took a while to get going lol. I have now passed my first year and hoping to move on 2nd final year of diploma. I am doing Construction route. Which route are you following?

I originally trained as general practice surveyor and thats what my degree was in although didn't follow through to chartership unfortunately. Hope to get it this time round. Good luck in your second year.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

The Construction route, im a quantity surveyor.im only doing it to get chartership myself! unfortunalty only have a ord degree!

Ya it took me a few weeks myself to get used to the online stuff, but its actually grand in a way. So are you starting part 2 in feb then? Do you know anyone else doing it? Maybe we should keep in contact, two heads are better than one after all! (thats all depending if your on part 2!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭JennyG73

Hey thats great I would love to keep in contact with you. I have a general practice surveying degree so needed to update to do quantity surveying and was exempt from quite a lot in the first year. Unfortunately have to do all this year starting in feb with part 2. Trying to get myself chartered as i do it too.

Sorry don't know of anyone else doing it here in ireland, most of them are real estate. Talk to you soon.

Jenny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 premierboy

Hello Jenny and others,
    I completed a mba in cons proj man about 2 years ago and i'm doing the q.s grad programme at the moment. If possible i would like to follow up mon your experience and discuss how you got on as i'm in 1st year.

Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hi Martin,

welcome to Boards.ie.

You are obviously doing a search on Boards :D, but could I draw your attention to the dates and times of the last posts in this thread - they are almost two years old. Plus, according to Jenny's profile, she hasn't been online since August of this year. :)

Feel free to start a thread of your own, if you would like.

TD.

Advertisement