Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone work for UPC/when will Ranelagh be connected

Options
  • 23-07-2008 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

I have been living in the same house for the last two years, and ring NTL every couple of months enquiring when BB will be available, to be told everytime that it is in the next couple of months. Can anyone enlighten me ....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

why dont you try posting in the main NTL thread, its pretty active, maybe someone will be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

nuxxx wrote: »
    why dont you try posting in the main NTL thread, its pretty active, maybe someone will be able to help.

wasnt aware there was one!! will do cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Iolar wrote: »
    Does anyone know the timetable for when UPC are bringing their broadband service to Portlaoise?

It will be sometime yet. The whole of Portlaoise network is in disrepair, they are getting it hard enough for the digital to work with dozens of estates not able to avail of their digital at all. They recently moved their headend from ballyspollen down to the heritage hotel. To date there is no headend installed nor is there fibre installed there for their cable broadband.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Thats "coming soon" in standard UPC marketing speak bigP .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Thats "coming soon" in standard UPC marketing speak bigP .

I was a service tech for them for many years and I used to know every inch of the Portlaoise network. It was the most annoying place I had to work. Withoug fail 2-3 problem in Portlaoise alone with network problems Since then they have hardly done any upgrading or changing of lines. In 2001 there was new estates being built and ducting put in for the cable. To this day those estates still have empty ducting, they went for mmds instead. There is also several estates/areas where they have pulled the cable out of already. An obvious lack on interest. Portlaois is just too built up now to do any upgrades without major civil works.

Walshy unless you live in either Fairgreen village, Maryborough crescent or esker hills where magnets own fibre rings are in place its simply tough luck unless you get the phone in and avail of smarts adsl2 service

Advertisement