Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chewing gum,How long...?

• 23-07-2008 11:26am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

First I have to say I am board out of my tree this morning.

I am not a big Chewing gum person in fact its been years since I bought a pack so I am not up on the procedure.There is a complementary box were I am working today so this got my mind racing.

Anyway my question is how long after the taste has gone do you keep it in your mouth..?I can only last for about 2/3 min once the taste is gone.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You'd never make for a decent fluffer so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Sometimes minutes, the odd time hours!!! Depends if my mind is on other things or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Complementary box of chewing gum? I wanna work where you work! :(

I usually leave it in my mouth a good while after the taste has gone: if I'm absent minded or bored it stays in longer. I have to take it out though when it starts breaking apart and goes all mushy.
    If it doesn't break apart then I'll keep chewing it until I'm hungry (the longer I chew gum the hungrier I get)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

The taste never goes, your mouth just gets used to it. Thats why if you put sugar or something on the gum you get the flavor back because it refreshes your taste buds.....FACT!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

The taste never goes, your mouth just gets used to it. Thats why if you put sugar or something on the gum you get the flavor back because it refreshes your taste buds.....FACT!!!!

Sugar on gum??? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Turd ferguson obviously had a very sheltered upbringing where he had to update his chewing taste every couple of days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

You sir, are a genius.

Mirror wrote: »
    You sir, are a genius.

I know, i know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I'd chew chewing gum for a good 20 mins after taste has gone prob.

Ah I remember back as a kid, the taste would go so I'd just pop another in. End up chewing on about 4/5 chewing gums in go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Now, serious business this... I'm currently on 10 a day. That's one whole pack. I take 'em two at a time. Two in the morning at about 9am, change for another two at 11am, take those out for lunch, another two at 2pm and change them at 4pm and then again at about 6pm. Then take 'em out again for dinner. I won't usually have any more after this.

Some days I take more than this but this is pretty standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

It depends on the flavour. For instance, i'm chewing Orbit Complete Lemon & Lime at the moment and once it begins to lose it's flavour the gum tastes manky so i get rid.

Other flavours like Peppermint or Spearmint i can keep chewing for a longer time, maybe an hour

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Next question,who swallows...?

Neesa wrote: »
    I take 'em two at a time.

:eek::eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek:
    DVDA. Nice.

DVDA. Nice.

Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Oh the potential for double meanings in this thread.....:rolleyes::eek:

I can't stand chewing gum that has lost its flavour, out with it!

I do swallow if I can't find a bin, but am I the only one that still automatically gets just a teeny bit afraid that it'll do damage to your insides, like we were often told as kids?! I can't help it!

As for "I take two at a time" that's just too easy...:P

Two at a time? Yes.

Swallow? No. But I had a boyfriend who did that. He would literally eat the pack in about 20 mins.

True story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Once it has lost its flavour i can't chew it any longer!

DVDA. Nice.

HAHAHA Excellent :pac::D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Theres is a definite underlying sexual theme to this thread.

Giggidy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Dub13 wrote: »

only on special occassions :eek:

Dub13 wrote: »

Only when surprised...

dee8839 wrote: »
    Only when surprised...

Boo!! (not in a scarey ghost way!)

antodeco wrote: »
    Boo!! (not in a scarey ghost way!)

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hey! That was Orbit Spearmint, I was enjoying that. :mad:

Why what did you think I meant?

We should be ashamed...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hey! That was Orbit Sperm, I was enjoying that. :mad:

Why what did you think I meant?

We should be ashamed...

Fixed that for you :D

Chewing gum contains a laxative. Neesa must split her day between chewing and pissing out her ass! :pac:

antodeco wrote: »
    Fixed that for you :D

I'm shocked and appalled, while also wondering if that flavour would sell due to the publics morbid curiosity...:confused::rolleyes:
    Chewing gum contains a laxative. Neesa must split her day between chewing and pissing out her ass! :pac:

Thanks for that. Its thoughts like that that mean I have a fear of eating chewing gum.:(

I'm shocked and appalled, while also wondering if that flavour would sell due to the publics morbid curiosity...:confused::rolleyes:

Thanks for that. Its thoughts like that that mean I have a fear of eating chewing gum.:(
    Sorry, but it's true!

Chewing releases only a small amount. But if you swallow the effects are greater.

Nope. I don't really want to get into toilet habits but I go less than others in my office. :D

• Advertisement

Neesa wrote: »
    Nope. I don't really want to get into toilet habits but I go less than others in my office. :D
    Prune juice drinkin feckers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

If you swallow gum does it get semi digested or anything or does it just come out in the same state that it went in?
    Could you blow a bubble out your butt when the time came for it to exit?

I think someone should swallow lots of chewing gum to prove/disprove this.

I know someone who used to swallow it. He'd buy a pack and 20 mins later he'd have none left. I always thought it was odd.

I could ask him for you...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

jigglywoo wrote: »
    If you swallow gum does it get semi digested or anything or does it just come out in the same state that it went in?
    Could you blow a bubble out your butt when the time came for it to exit?

I think someone should swallow lots of chewing gum to prove/disprove this.

Could be a case for myth busters.

Advertisement