Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dboys m16 spr

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

/head explodes

It's not actually an SPR, it's standard M16 with a 12inch front rail, fancy flash hider and a bipod, making it a SOPMOD rather than SPR.
    Beyond that little nit-picky bit of info (which I'd put money on a lot of people are groaning that I've mentioned), it's actually a grand little big rifle. It's a standard Dboys M16 with a great big rail thrown on instead of the usual plastic handguard which, apart from looking a lot better, it's handy for bolting on any accessories like foregrips, nade launchers etc., and the free-floating 12inch ris is pretty stable so it's nicer to hold than its plastic-handguard counterpart.
    Make no mistake though, it's not a short rifle by any stretch of the imagination. Between the full stock and the longer than normal barrel (the fancy flash hider adds another 6inches to the length on it's own). I'd advise getting into the shop or getting to a skirmish site to hold one before you buy. The size isn't to everyone's tastes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

As Dex said it's HUGE!

A nice rifle I must say

Here are some pics of my one that I made even longer

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spectreon666

NakedDex wrote: »
    /head explodes

It's not actually an SPR, it's standard M16 with a 12inch front rail, fancy flash hider and a bipod, making it a SOPMOD rather than SPR.
    Beyond that little nit-picky bit of info (which I'd put money on a lot of people are groaning that I've mentioned), it's actually a grand little big rifle. It's a standard Dboys M16 with a great big rail thrown on instead of the usual plastic handguard which, apart from looking a lot better, it's handy for bolting on any accessories like foregrips, nade launchers etc., and the free-floating 12inch ris is pretty stable so it's nicer to hold than its plastic-handguard counterpart.
    Make no mistake though, it's not a short rifle by any stretch of the imagination. Between the full stock and the longer than normal barrel (the fancy flash hider adds another 6inches to the length on it's own). I'd advise getting into the shop or getting to a skirmish site to hold one before you buy. The size isn't to everyone's tastes.

I was in eirsoft there last weekend and I fell in love with it, apart from the length it was quite heavy aswell which is another feature that I liked. I was thinking about equipping it with an acog style rds and maybe remove the bipod and stick in a launcher. The silencer rob has on his is a nice idea so I might get one of those.
    It shoots at 328fps but more than likely go higher 335-340fps. I'm planning to go to HRTA next weekend with it, will they let me use it if the fps is slightly higher than allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

I'm planning to go to HRTA next weekend with it, will they let me use it if the fps is slightly higher than allowed?

no, simple answer, you should get it downgraded, if it was brought form an irish retailor take it back

The silencer Dex has on his is a nice idea so I might get one of those.

That's actually Robsters one with the silencer. I don't own one of these models.
    Putting an acog and launcher on it would take it back to basically being an M16 base model. It'd also add a lot of weight. It's heavy enough without adding a kilos worth of launcher onto it. Remember, you still gotta carry this stuff around all day.

Also, yeah, downgrade. Though I haven't really seen one shooting over the limit yet. How did you chrono it?

• Advertisement

we are talking about a dboys product hear they normal come in stock over the limit, if there shooting <1j without a downgrade normaly means somthing is up with them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

If it was bought in Eirsoft then more than likely it's already been tested and downgraded if necessary. However if it is over, then you should bring it back and Tony will sort it out for you.

With a lot of them I'd agree, but there's been a 1J spring in a lot of the M16's I've come across. Now, in fairness, they may have been older stock, before they decided to be "generous" to their customers and give ones that fire 400+ stock. 330-340 sounds like it might have an MS100 spring already in it but it just doesn't suit the gearbox. M100 springs are only theoretically 1J, they can often fire a margin over the limit until they're run in. That's why MS90's are more popular, little bit safer.

If you bought it in an Irish store, bring it back in and ask them to chrono it in store, they should sort the problem out for you there and then. If you bought it online, I suggest bringing it to a store for a downgrade, or (if you can) doing it yourself.

NakedDex wrote: »
    With a lot of them I'd agree, but there's been a 1J spring in a lot of the M16's I've come across. Now, in fairness, they may have been older stock, before they decided to be "generous" to their customers and give ones that fire 400+ stock. 330-340 sounds like it might have an MS100 spring already in it but it just doesn't suit the gearbox. M100 springs are only theoretically 1J, they can often fire a margin over the limit until they're run in. That's why MS90's are more popular, little bit safer.

If you bought it in an Irish store, bring it back in and ask them to chrono it in store, they should sort the problem out for you there and then. If you bought it online, I suggest bringing it to a store for a downgrade, or (if you can) doing it yourself.

Yeah realised soon after i posted it was robsters so I edited the post. I dont mind the weight to the gun, a launcher wont add a lot of weight that I cant handle.
    My friend bought a M16 rifle from an irish store forget which one and it averaged a little over 330 when he chrono'd it i think 334. Im just thinking that if that happened then id have to downgrade it. But since I'm buying it from eirsoft as ye suggested it will prob be tested to make sure it shoots 1j or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

Well first of all dBoys SPR is made to shoot 500fps as a stock. It must be downgraded.
    hense it has a very slow rof. I assume it has tourge gears.
    Make no mistake it is heavy and you can not run around with it. and then you attach tripot. You just can't, forget about it. unless you have huge arms and back made of steel.
    However it is very effective as a mid range sniper. it has full auto mode and very accurate (out of the box). However I would say that M14 will be more effective.
    my 5 c

• Advertisement

you would think it would be tested, but i advise testing it yourself or get it tested in front of you before it is handed over,

the older dboys stock used to come in at the 1j limit but there later productions runs are normaly coming out at 400fps ish

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

theburi wrote: »
    Well first of all dBoys SPR is made to shoot 500fps as a stock

Where are you getting this from please?

Mine arrived in stock form and I was warned it
    might be a little bit faulty and would need a downgrade.
    but it was a bit over , not 170fps over.

Puding wrote: »
    you would think it would be tested, but i advise testing it yourself or get it tested in front of you before it is handed over,

the older dboys stock used to come in at the 1j limit but there later productions runs are normaly coming out at 400fps ish

it is advertised on the eirsoft site as 328fps, I have yet to buy it but I will make sure tony chrono's it for me while im there. Also I will chrono it before I go to HRTA as my friend has a good chrono.

And yes theburi I fully understand that the rifle is heavy but believe me I can handle it. Ill prob hardly ever use the bipod, the launcher is just a maybe at the moment, but it should be fine anyways!!

Im getting it at eirsoft and it wont be anywhere near 170fps over, as i said if over ill downgrade no big deal!! il get it tested to make sure!!

I was talking to theburi dude , not you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

I am not talking about Irish retailers selling SPR. I've got mine localy exactly 320fps.
    This gun leaves factory with aproximateely 380fps, some reports up to 500.
    here is 420fps report (see comments). http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3601
    This is the whole point of this gun, it is a powerfull sniper rifle out fo the box with tight barrel. Can't find the one I was looking at 6 month ago that reported 520fps out of the box.

If you are buying from Irish reltailes and it is over - there is something wrong with retailer and you need to come back to them.
    If you are importing - you must downgraded it before it enteres country or else....

If you say that you've got it unmodified and it is around 328fps then there might be something wrong with it. Unless D-Boys start to make 1J models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Im getting it at eirsoft and it wont be anywhere near 170fps over, as i said if over ill downgrade no big deal!! il get it tested to make sure!!

It wont be over...nothing leaves the shop without being chronoed and if necessary, fixed.

Shiva wrote: »
    It wont be over...nothing leaves the shop without being chronoed and if necessary, fixed.
    Thats good to know, il be in whenever your shipment comes!!:D

theburi wrote: »
    Well first of all dBoys SPR is made to shoot 500fps as a stock. It must be downgraded.
    hense it has a very slow rof. I assume it has tourge gears.

What information are you basing this 500fps claim on?
    Also, if it was made to fire at 500fps, downgrading it to 320fps would make it fire a hell of a lot faster, not slower.
    Also, it doesn't come with a tightbore barrel, it's a standard one.

Regardless, this is all going very off topic now.

All that's needed to know is that it is a great rifle if you don't mind the size and that it comes recommended by several people.

Note: If you're a lefty, you'll need to swap out the pistol grip. It's moulded for right hand only.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭An Mac Tíre

Can the stock be removed on the SPR? If so, how is it fixed to the receiver? Friend o' mine is looking to get one and we like to be able to modify pretty much everything on a gun :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Can the stock be removed on the SPR? If so, how is it fixed to the receiver? Friend o' mine is looking to get one and we like to be able to modify pretty much everything on a gun :p

If he's taking the fixed stock off he'll have to buy a crane stock as the battery goes in the stock of the SPR.

Blay wrote: »
    If he's taking the fixed stock off he'll have to buy a crane stock as the battery goes in the stock of the SPR.

So it does come off? If anyone has pics of how it is attached and comes off it'd be much appreciated. We wanna make a custom stock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

So it does come off? If anyone has pics of how it is attached and comes off it'd be much appreciated. We wanna make a custom stock :D

You just open it at the back and theres a screw inside to take it off.

Blay wrote: »
    You just open it at the back and theres a screw inside to take it off.

Cool thanks Blay.

Advertisement