Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So...Three Weeks to go...

Options
  • 23-07-2008 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

I cant get it out of my head:( Anyone else getting scared?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

im terrfied!

i keep thinking are all the scripts corrected yet! so weird. im hoping to god i have got the course i want

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well I got my debs tonight so thats big on my mind at the moment, after this im sure the nerves will start to gradually get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭scholes19

Am i correct in saying that they are out on the 13th? Im on my hols when i get my results and offers, going from 11th-2nd sept. I can do everything online right?

• Advertisement

have a good time tonight OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I'm more nervous and anxious than scared. I just want them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

ugggggggggggh
    i couldn't care anymore!!!
    as time goes on i'm doing worse and worse in my head:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    as time goes on i'm doing worse and worse in my head:)

Thats me exactly. Start of the summer, I was sure of getting my course. I've now dropped about 70 points and resigned myself to hopefully getting my second choice. It sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,939 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's worse getting results second time around then the first time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sheroo_05

scholes19 wrote: »
    Am i correct in saying that they are out on the 13th? Im on my hols when i get my results and offers, going from 11th-2nd sept. I can do everything online right?

you can only really get results dats pretty much it.... u cant send your scripts to be rechecked, cuz u have to dere to view them and sign them off to be rechecked....

i went on holzz last year aswell, thats why i repeated this year. i couldnt get my scripts rechecked and i missed my course by 5 points....

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bug!!!

i wasnt scared until i read dis thread. wat date r dey out on????13th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

in my head I'm dropping about 20 points a day :rolleyes:

Best to not think about it really. I WONT be opening my results in front of classmates but. Not a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Best to not think about it really. I WONT be opening my results in front of classmates but. Not a hope.

Tbh I don't understand hwy people do this at all. If you are worried about your results and do badly you have to stand there in front of everybody all upset. But if you are excited and do well you have to contain it for the sake off all the people on the verge of tears who did not get what they wanted.

Online all the way as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Yeah God forbid people express emotion in front of each other. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

raah! wrote: »
    Tbh I don't understand hwy people do this at all. If you are worried about your results and do badly you have to stand there in front of everybody all upset. But if you are excited and do well you have to contain it for the sake off all the people on the verge of tears who did not get what they wanted.

Online all the way as far as I'm concerned.

I'm going to go to school with my friends to get them. Tbh I don't understand why you wouldn't. You've spent 6 years with these guys working towards this moment, and you want to collect your results on your own? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Of course people will be disappointed, people will be happy, but I don't think I'll be happy when I'm older looking back at the moment that I click on a page on the internet in the silence of my own house.....no matter what results I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Right probably not the right thread to scare people but if you fail 3 subjects do you fail the leaving and then have to repeat it next year or whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Right probably not the right thread to scare people but if you fail 3 subjects do you fail the leaving and then have to repeat it next year or whatever?

Bull absolute bull.

I was away until about 5 days before them - didn't think about it till I got back. Nerves never really happened.

I went in with my mates, but not for 9am.

Nothing to be nervous about lads. Chin up.

I think to get the actual Leaving Certificate you need to pass 5 subjects, but whatever, that's not important.

You'll get a statement of results in August no matter what and what's important then is whether or not you meet the requirements of your course.

I think for an Irish IT you need 5 passes, and you need 6 passes including 2/3 HC3s for an Irish university. I don't know what courses you're interested in. It's really up to you to find out what the requirements for them are.

And you don't have to repeat under any circumstances.

Well you don't have to do the Leaving Cert, so you never have to repeat it. Whether you should or not is really down to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Mark200 wrote: »
    I'm going to go to school with my friends to get them. Tbh I don't understand why you wouldn't. You've spent 6 years with these guys working towards this moment, and you want to collect your results on your own? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Of course people will be disappointed, people will be happy, but I don't think I'll be happy when I'm older looking back at the moment that I click on a page on the internet in the silence of my own house.....no matter what results I get.

Well, take the junior cert for example. I was very happy with it, but a friendly was really unhappy with his. And I didn't want to make him feel worse by dancing in his face. Also I can remember walking past people getting other results (can't remember which) , with girls crying and the like. I'm pretty confidant that I'm gonna get what I was aiming for, I've pretty much already calculated my results too, so it's not such a big deal for me. So in the interests of being sensitive to other people (and I'm pretty sure there will be a few upsets) , I'll just get mine at home.

Alternatively, something could go horribly wrong, and I could end up being all depressed surrounded by a bunch of people, and I prefer to be on my own when I am unhappy. But maybe I'm just anti-social :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I think I did 'fine', as in landed the points I need and isn't every other one just lovely too. Saying that- I know some of my mates will be distraught, and my own head can play games with me regarding how I did. I think the best thing to do is collect them, wish everyone all the best, head out to the car with the aul' lad and open them there.

Best of luck to all here by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭littlneutralone

Opposite for me, the more time that passes, the better I think I've done (denial, I'm in it). This time five weeks ago, I was sporadically curling into quivering foetal positions at the thought of my screwed up leaving cert. Today I'm going to Trinity. This time 19 days, it's back in the foetal position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Nah I am not nervous about it, just last night I had a crazy dream where I had failed 3 subjects and was told by a mate I had failed the Leaving....... Serves me right for eating cheese before bed I suppose :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Anois.. I am scared

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm terrified.I just want to get it over with.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Well, at least if I don't do well I have Muse to cheer me up!

I'd get mine online but they're not up until 12pm. If I thought I'd be able to sleep until then I'd get them online, but I doubt I'll be getting much sleep at all that night.

Great now i'm crapping myself. August 13th i hate youuuu!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rm_2008

I'm absolutely s**tin a brick!!Hey if I'm goin on a bit of a holiday to killarney for a week the saturday after results will i b alrite or should i bother?loads of ppl are goin away on hols straight after they get em!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Wouldn't you not need to accept your course when the CAO offers come out on the 18th?

• Advertisement

You can accept online, and you have until the 27th.

Advertisement