Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So...Three Weeks to go...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Well after repeating HL Irish at the ripe old age of 28, I'm starting to get pretty anxious!
    It'd be a real sickener if I didn't get it after all the effort, not to mention money I put into it!!!

Fingers crossed!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Totally forgotten about the LC by now tbh. It's just a distant memory by now. Hell it took me a while to remember what english book I had, earlier on today, and what 5 poets I did. Too busy doing other stuff. That said, I am in Vietnam at the minute, maybe I'll be worried when I get back. Doubt it though... I mean, why worry about it when you're powerless to do anything about it? I might be anxious the night before, but unless I go down from my mocks I should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I'm already dropping so many points in my head each day that I've gone out and gotten myself a job in MacDonalds. If I start now I could be manager soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

The Walsho wrote: »
    I'm already dropping so many points in my head each day that I've gone out and gotten myself a job in MacDonalds. If I start now I could be manager soon enough.

Or you could learn that it's spelt McDonalds, and not MacDonalds :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Mark200 wrote: »
    Or you could learn that it's spelt McDonalds, and not MacDonalds :P
    Haha classic, just had my debs the other day so now my full concentration is on the results... ya right
    I'll keep myself occupied until a few days before when the panic sets in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I'll be coming back from Barcelona around lunchtime on the 13th... Gonna be a looong, sobering flight! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Totally forgotten about the LC by now tbh. It's just a distant memory by now. Hell it took me a while to remember what english book I had, earlier on today, and what 5 poets I did. Too busy doing other stuff. That said, I am in Vietnam at the minute, maybe I'll be worried when I get back. Doubt it though... I mean, why worry about it when you're powerless to do anything about it? I might be anxious the night before, but unless I go down from my mocks I should be grand.
    Vietnam!?

Oh god, and here I am wasting away in a pit of my own excretement playing Football Manager. I better go do something..

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

andrew wrote: »
    Well, at least if I don't do well I have Muse to cheer me up!

I'd get mine online but they're not up until 12pm. If I thought I'd be able to sleep until then I'd get them online, but I doubt I'll be getting much sleep at all that night.

Great now i'm crapping myself. August 13th i hate youuuu!

Yeah exactly in my head ive dropped down 80 points but im not really worried cause im going to muse I cant actually wait for the day...but ill probably feel like sh1t if I fail everything.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 TheScript

Im not looking forward to the 13th, feel that i may have fallen short of aspirations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Am I the only one looking forward to the results? Im not an A student but id be confident enough I passed everything. Ill proberly be disapointed with one or two of my results but Im still really excited to find out what I got.

Then I can celebrate with the Muse/Kasbian gig afterwards :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Am I the only one looking forward to the results? Im not an A student but id be confident enough I passed everything. Ill proberly be disapointed with one or two of my results but Im still really excited to find out what I got.

Then I can celebrate with the Muse/Kasbian gig afterwards :D
    Ya im the same in a way, was gonna go to that gig but then just thought if I didnt get what I wanted id be so depressed at the concert, though I missed out on getting coldplay tickets yesterday...
    This is the last final hurdle before college like.

I'm looking forward to getting closure on the whole LC fiasco, but I know something will disappoint me. Probably Irish. Damnit, I just WANT an A.

And yeah, Timans, Vietnam. I've actually been so busy I've only been sleeping about 5 hours a night almost since I got here a week ago. Baad stuff. When I get back to Ireland, the mundanity of it all will be crushing. At least the LC left me with a desire to want to get out experiencing life again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Aw trust me, I know how ye all feel! :) And I do sympathise.

Last summer every so often I went crazy adding up points in my head: tried working out my highest possible score, my lowest possible score, wondering did I do well enough in the subjects I wanted to do well in.
    At the end of June, I thought "I did fairly well."
    By the end of July it was "Oh My God, I didn't do well enough. AAARGH!"
    I was extremely nervous going to school to open my results - as it turned out I had done better than I had initially thought. The feeling of relief was fantastic! :D Afterwards, I laughed at myself for being so anxious beforehand.

It's natural to be a little nervous, but try as best you can to put it out of your mind. It won't do you any good to be getting worked up over it.
    And, if you don't get what you want and are a little disappointed, remember this: The Leaving Cert is NOT the be all and end all. There's always another way to achieve your goal.

If ye're freaking out about opening your results in front of classmates, then do it online. However, if you do it online and do really really well, you might regret it if your friends aren't around to celebrate it with you. Also, if a friend doesn't get what he/she wants, you won't be around to comfort them. So make sure you think carefully about whether you'll go to your school or not.

Anyway, I think I've said enough. All I've left to say is - Best of Luck to ye all!! :)

Aw trust me, I know how ye all feel! :) And I do sympathise.

Last summer every so often I went crazy adding up points in my head: tried working out my highest possible score, my lowest possible score, wondering did I do well enough in the subjects I wanted to do well in.
    At the end of June, I thought "I did fairly well."
    By the end of July it was "Oh My God, I didn't do well enough. AAARGH!"
    I was extremely nervous going to school to open my results - as it turned out I had done better than I had initially thought. The feeling of relief was fantastic! :D Afterwards, I laughed at myself for being so anxious beforehand.

It's natural to be a little nervous, but try as best you can to put it out of your mind. It won't do you any good to be getting worked up over it.
    And, if you don't get what you want and are a little disappointed, remember this: The Leaving Cert is NOT the be all and end all. There's always another way to achieve your goal.

If ye're freaking out about opening your results in front of classmates, then do it online. However, if you do it online and do really really well, you might regret it if your friends aren't around to celebrate it with you. Also, if a friend doesn't get what he/she wants, you won't be around to comfort them. So make sure you think carefully about whether you'll go to your school or not.

Anyway, I think I've said enough. All I've left to say is - Best of Luck to ye all!! :)

Dude are you my principle.....you sound just like him.....but no seriously yeah youre right for the majority of us we'll feel a bit stupid when we get our results back and see that there was nothing to worry about.:D

Bajingo wrote: »
    Dude are you my principle.....you sound just like him.....but no seriously yeah youre right for the majority of us we'll feel a bit stupid when we get our results back and see that there was nothing to worry about.:D

I sound like a principal?? :eek: Well that's not good! My principal's sentiment was more along the lines of "Leaving Cert > EVERYTHING"

I'm looking forward to getting closure on the whole LC fiasco, but I know something will disappoint me. Probably Irish. Damnit, I just WANT an A.

And yeah, Timans, Vietnam. I've actually been so busy I've only been sleeping about 5 hours a night almost since I got here a week ago. Baad stuff. When I get back to Ireland, the mundanity of it all will be crushing. At least the LC left me with a desire to want to get out experiencing life again.
    Are you there on an organised type trip or just a holiday?

South East Asia is apparently amazing, am definitely hoping to make it there at some point in my life. Maan, reading about people DOING things makes me horrifically depressed. Bah, I've got to get out there.

How long you there for?

But yeah, I haven't thought about the results at all to be honest. Only thing that annoys me is that I worked so hard in Maths and will do averagely. If I get my course, I get it, if not, that's life, I'll repeat or do something else. The way I look at it, nobody can be sure that they want to do a particular course, so who's to say you won't enjoy your 2nd/3rd/4th/5th...10th choice as much, if not MORE than your 1st?

I sound like a principal?? :eek: Well that's not good! My principal's sentiment was more along the lines of "Leaving Cert > EVERYTHING"

Yeah but I meant a cool principle

...actually my principle was a bit of a spa..but he always said if your a binman, a doctor or a pilot be the best you can be and cheese like that

...he said that the leaving cert was nothing unless you wanted something out of it

...actually he was kind of sound now that I think of it

Timans wrote: »
    But yeah, I haven't thought about the results at all to be honest. Only thing that annoys me is that I worked so hard in Maths and will do averagely. If I get my course, I get it, if not, that's life, I'll repeat or do something else. The way I look at it, nobody can be sure that they want to do a particular course, so who's to say you won't enjoy your 2nd/3rd/4th/5th...10th choice as much, if not MORE than your 1st?

That's a good way of looking at it. Not getting your first choice is certainly not the end of the world. As long as you're happy when you've started the course, it doesn't matter if it was your 1st choice or 10th choice.

Oh and I was in the same boat as you as far as Maths was concerned. I worked extremely hard for a fairly average grade. But as long as you've passed and gotten a course you're happy with, it really won't matter in the long run.

I'd be quite upset if I didn't get my first choice tbh. Not solely because I don't think I'd enjoy my no. 2 as much, but also because I spent days arguing with my dad because he wanted me to put it as my no.1

Mark200 wrote: »
    I'd be quite upset if I didn't get my first choice tbh. Not solely because I don't think I'd enjoy my no. 2 as much, but also because I spent days arguing with my dad because he wanted me to put it as my no.1

Did he want you to put the first choice at No.1 or the second choice at No.1?

Either way, he's not the one who's going to be doing your course for the next 3 or 4 years. As long as you're happy doing it, that's all that matters.
    If you get your No.2 and don't like it, then pull out.

• Advertisement

Are you there on an organised type trip or just a holiday?

South East Asia is apparently amazing, am definitely hoping to make it there at some point in my life. Maan, reading about people DOING things makes me horrifically depressed. Bah, I've got to get out there.

How long you there for?
    Ah, um, International Physics Olympiad >.> So yeah, pretty organised. If it was just up to me I'd end up sleeping in every day and not getting half the amount of stuff done. I'm here for about 10 days, well got here last Saturday, leaving on Tuesday. Had two 5-hour exams on two days, otherwise it's all sight-seeing and attending fancy dinners. (Also, think waiting for the LC results is bad? At least I did reasonably well in that...)

Geeky? Yes. But very cool none the less.

I better stop talking to you or else I will become [the aforementioned] horifically depressed. Enjoy it. Remember to buy me a t shirt with a burning monk on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Well I wasn't too worried about it until I logged on here!Now ye're all making me nervous!I'd be confident enough that I got my course.When I think about getting results,I get a bit nervous,but there's also the anticipation of seeing the fruits of your 5-year labours.

As for getting the results online or in school,definitely school.I want to be with my friends regardless of what happens.Plus the mammy is very wary of results etc on a screen.She insists on having the piece of paper in her hand.I'd be kind of the same.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Remember to buy me a t shirt with a burning monk on it.

hah.

Did he want you to put the first choice at No.1 or the second choice at No.1?

Either way, he's not the one who's going to be doing your course for the next 3 or 4 years. As long as you're happy doing it, that's all that matters.
    If you get your No.2 and don't like it, then pull out.

Yeah he wanted my second choice to be my no. 1.

17 DAYS TO GO!

I had a dream about it last night, I was so scared in it that I woke up before I even got my results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

I'm really starting to freak out. If you fail Irish, what does that mean? I either scraped a pass or just failed. Do they still do that compensation thing? I bloody well hope so! Well, whatever happens, I'm not repeating my Leaving Cert. :p

I want to get my results at school, but I'm afraid of standing there and getting S***ty grades while everybody else does wonderfully well. My exams never went well. I suck at them. The moment I open the papers I can't remember a single thing. I couldn't remember my number in my LC, thank god for it being on the desk!

But if I don't go to school and I get them online, then I'd be sitting there while everybody else is getting congratulated and celebrating. But I'm not a people-person, so Online results is sounding somewhat attractive.

I think I did well in Geography (H), Business(O), French (O), and Art (H). But Irish was just awful. I wrote about 3 lines for my half a page thing. My letter was stunningly stupid and my poems and story answers were laughable.

If I get over 330, I'll be happy. I was aiming for 400, but that's not going to happen...

Ugh, I feel sick thinking about it. And now I have the stress of trying to find somewhere to live. It's all too much :(

Nope.. I'm more excited about MUSE! Woooooooooo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Good luck to everyone here with their results, and remember:

Worrying is like riding a rocking horse. It gives you something to do, but will get you nowhere.

Ckal wrote: »
    I'm really starting to freak out. If you fail Irish, what does that mean? I either scraped a pass or just failed. Do they still do that compensation thing? I bloody well hope so! Well, whatever happens, I'm not repeating my Leaving Cert. :p

I want to get my results at school, but I'm afraid of standing there and getting S***ty grades while everybody else does wonderfully well. My exams never went well. I suck at them. The moment I open the papers I can't remember a single thing. I couldn't remember my number in my LC, thank god for it being on the desk!

But if I don't go to school and I get them online, then I'd be sitting there while everybody else is getting congratulated and celebrating. But I'm not a people-person, so Online results is sounding somewhat attractive.

I think I did well in Geography (H), Business(O), French (O), and Art (H). But Irish was just awful. I wrote about 3 lines for my half a page thing. My letter was stunningly stupid and my poems and story answers were laughable.

If I get over 330, I'll be happy. I was aiming for 400, but that's not going to happen...

Ugh, I feel sick thinking about it. And now I have the stress of trying to find somewhere to live. It's all too much :(

Hi Ckal.

Now isn't the time to be worrying about failing, you'll drive yourself mad if you have these thoughts now. Everything will probably be fine.
    If things don't work out,then you can cross that bridge when it comes. Right now all you can do is keep a postivie attitude (easier said than done I know!!)

There's nothing you can do about it now: freaking out will not do you any good, you'll just feel worse and worse if you obsess over it. Just try and put the anxiety out of your mind. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

Thanks square_igloo. :) I'm trying to block it out of my mind, but even the small things (like my school jumper on the floor:P) bring the anxiety back and I just freak out. The thought of sucky results is gut-wrenching.

Advertisement