Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So...Three Weeks to go...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ckal wrote: »
    Thanks square_igloo. :) I'm trying to block it out of my mind, but even the small things (like my school jumper on the floor:P) bring the anxiety back and I just freak out. The thought of sucky results is gut-wrenching.

Your school jumper is still on the floor? You mean you haven't ceremonially burned it yet? :eek:

Go set it alight - it will be a fantastic stress reliever!! :D:D

The thought of sucky results is completely natural - I can guarantee you that there are people who will eventually get 550+ points that right now are thinking like you "OMG I should have done better"

If your results are good, then brilliant.
    If not, then it's not the end of the world. Leaving Cert is not the be all and end all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

Yeah, it's still on the floor. I missed bonfire night because I was away... and that's the only night you can burn stuff legally here, so I'm too afraid to burn it now >.<

I'm freaking out. I'm trying to block it... it's not working! :( >.<

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Your school jumper is still on the floor? You mean you haven't ceremonially burned it yet? :eek:

Go set it alight - it will be a fantastic stress reliever!! :D:D

I'm not going to repeat, but I can't bring myself to throw any of my LC stuff out before the results. It's like taking the christmas tree down early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I only cleared out my books off the desk in my room yesterday. All my books were there until yesterday.

Laziness.

Really? All my notes went out with the recycling the day after my final exam. Felt good letting go of them, but also a little sad.

The books I had to return to the school because they were rented! So no ceremonial burning for me! :(

• Advertisement

Yeah, I didn't mind them really, didn't bother burning them as instead I just burnt a small child.

Oh fair enough.
    You should sacrifice many small children. It will appease the Gods and guarantee you good Leaving Cert results.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Timans wrote: »
    Yeah, I didn't mind them really, didn't bother burning them as instead I just burnt a small child.

Oh my God you burn small children...do you know how much CO2 is released into the atmosphere when a single child is burned!

Yeah I just dumped everything in the green bin the day I was finished there was no way I was going to keep all those books and maths notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I kept all my main notes in a safe place out of fear of for some unknown reason having to repeat, even though I was happy with how I did. Everything else (books, scrap paper, some notes etc) went straight out.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Lol I must be the only one to keep all the copies and books :D
    Still have most of the copies from 1st year and on, geez.. just cant get my self to bin them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Yuugib wrote: »
    Still have most of the copies from 1st year and on, geez.. just cant get my self to bin them :(

I'm like that too, I just hoard absolutely everything.

I got Herpes from a hoard once. She was cheap though.

If ye still have stuff hoarded, ye should triumphantly dispose of it on Results Day (provided ye get what ye want) It will feel good letting go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 whyohwhy

no wonder its hard to get second hand sixth yr books u all want to keep them haha awww cute in a way :p any of you giving them away by any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

I still have all my books. I'm not getting rid of them till im sure i get my course. Then I'm just gonna sell them all and make some money out of them! can't wait. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Yuugib wrote: »

Old english copies are always great to read through :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I still have my creative writing stuff from 5th class. It was all in a Harry Potter binder I'm now using for Biology and I had a look through the stuff a few months ago. There was a picture of a FIRE CAR made of FIRE in there.

FIRE!

Piste wrote: »
    I still have my creative writing stuff from 5th class. It was all in a Harry Potter binder I'm now using for Biology and I had a look through the stuff a few months ago. There was a picture of a FIRE CAR made of FIRE in there.

FIRE!

Pffft girls with their fire-cars. My nuclear bombing fighter jet > any 'Fire Car' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

But it was super-fast :(

And made of FIRE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Starting to get very nervous....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Does anyone know what time you are supposed to go into your school to pick up the results. I know they are on the internet from noon but are they posted to schools early in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,939 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I think from 9a.m...I got mine at 10 last year, might go 9.30 this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Jaysus never even thought about that. You just wander in and pick them up aye? For our JC it was a big deal, had to line up and everyone got called one by one. Guess they can't do that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

They best come concealed in an envelope or something!
    I'm sure I did fine, but I've not got the heart to look there/then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Wow 9 days, its weird when you see such a small number, ahh.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

down to single digits ! ! ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya thats what got me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

mars bar wrote: »
    I think from 9a.m...I got mine at 10 last year, might go 9.30 this year...

I know in my school they'll have them at 08:30..so ill be up there by that time but I will not be the first one getting them.

Advertisement