Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So...Three Weeks to go...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

8:30 wow early, I definitely wont be the 1st (mostly because theres 100 in my year...)
    I probably wont get much sleep the night before though so might just go as early as I can, who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 31,939 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The teachers see the results too...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

but they don't see them before we do, do they??

omg only 8 days now... i just want to get them over with now tbh... i've been going over best and worst case results for the last week. they're getting progressively worse too...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Who's getting nervous?

I'm not really to be honest, but I'm a bit of dodgy for Irish.

mars bar wrote: »
    The teachers see the results too...
    Do they? I thought that would be left completly to the discretion of the student.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

They can request to see them. When I was in the IOE they asked us to sign our name to a list confirming that we consent to them viewing our results.

I'm not nervous.. I'm actually fairly confident.

Meh. We'll see though..

1huge1 wrote: »
    Do they? I thought that would be left completly to the discretion of the student.

Yeah they can as UCD ECON said...I know when i went back to repeat i went to tell my bio teacher how well i did in it and she had known my result already and i certainly hadn't told her. I was a bit shocked too...

I know when i went back to repeat i went to tell my bio teacher how well i did in it and she had known my result already and i certainly hadn't told her. I was a bit shocked too...
    Id of been a bit pissed of at that actually.

Oh yeah.. they can find out.. It's really annoying really.

Last year, when I got my results.. all my family knew.. with me only having told one person. Two of my cousins were teachers at my old school, and both took it upon themselves to find out what I got and share the news with the world. If f%cking pissed me off. Thats for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭littlneutralone

There were twins in my year for the JC...when the results came back, the principal had a look and proceeded to put the twins' results in the wrong envelopes. So they both, momentarily at least, knew what it felt like to get a LOT of A's.

As an onlooker it was hilarious. Hope it happens again this year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Getting topic reply notification emails from this thread is terrible. I really should unsubscribe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

1huge1 wrote: »
    Id of been a bit pissed of at thast actually.

Hm, my school do the same, and they make statistics showing how much higher than the national average we are as a year group. I find it a bit annoying as well, but it's going to happen so you may as well live with it.

Jakkass wrote: »
    Hm, my school do the same, and they make statistics showing how much higher than the national average we are as a year group. I find it a bit annoying as well, but it's going to happen so you may as well live with it.

AT least they are saying it's good...
    Last year after our mocks, they rounded us up and told us that we had the worst results for mocks recorded in the school in years and told us we would bring down the schools rankings for the first time ever if we got the same results again.

I think it's important that your Leaving Cert is exactly that, your Leaving Cert, not something that should be used as a guilt trip to keep the reputation of the school as well as your own goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'm glad my school doesn't have a big reputation to be holding up like that. They just let us get on with it and do what we could. All we got was "you're one of the least stressed years we've had".

Them seeing my results before me.. well.. meh, I dunno. They'll find out anyway, hopefully my teachers will be there so I can tell them what I got etc. ... And hopefully it'll be good news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

Jaysus never even thought about that. You just wander in and pick them up aye? For our JC it was a big deal, had to line up and everyone got called one by one. Guess they can't do that now.

Damn right they can't! If I have to line up I think I'll punch someone.

Results... frikken nervous here. Feeling sick when I try to sleep. Getting stomach pains knowing that my results are in an envelope sitting in a box somewhere...

I'm throwing out my books and copies tomorrow. I need closure, it's killing me. Bull**** if I fail a subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I keep seeing myself walking in those doubledoors and a load of shaking nervous teenagers crowded around the place.....scary stuff.

Truthfully, I'd take them tomorrow...the wait is the worst part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 TheScript

last year was fairly b0llix, i got my results as my principal opened an envelope calling out my results for me.This came after i had given my expectations. I said i thought and hoped for about 400 pts and when he went through my grades he said "well according to my calculations you've obtained 375 pts". My heart sank! I repeated and will be getting results on the net this yr when on hols in California!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Everyone relax - This might take your mind off waiting for results:

You know when teachers said "the leaving cert exams are the toughest, most stress inducing exams you'll ever take" - Yeah, they lied. It gets worse in Uni.

• Advertisement

AT least they are saying it's good...
    Last year after our mocks, they rounded us up and told us that we had the worst results for mocks recorded in the school in years and told us we would bring down the schools rankings for the first time ever if we got the same results again.
    Ha well thats motivation for ya, well ya as said theres nothing we can do about it but our school is always going on about how its one of the top in the country so Im sure the principle would like to make statistics and the likes as said.
    UCD_Econ wrote: »

You know when teachers said "the leaving cert exams are the toughest, most stress inducing exams you'll ever take" - Yeah, they lied. It gets worse in Uni.

Ya but at least the university can be a hell of a lot more enjoyable than the leaving cert.

Ckal wrote: »
    Damn right they can't! If I have to line up I think I'll punch someone.

Results... frikken nervous here. Feeling sick when I try to sleep. Getting stomach pains knowing that my results are in an envelope sitting in a box somewhere...

I'm throwing out my books and copies tomorrow. I need closure, it's killing me. Bull**** if I fail a subject.
    wow mate calm theres a week to go

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

For those of ye wondering how the results will be handed out, it is different from the Junior Cerrt. You don't have to all line up together or anything, so don't worry about that.

In our school, all the results were in brown envelopes on the Principal's desk in his office. When I went in for mine most people had already been and gone and the Principal wasn't there. So I could have actually taken someone elses and looked at it if I wanted to (I resisted temptation though!)

I'm not sure if the teachers saw the results beforehand. I know they did for JC but for LC they didn't say anything about having already seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

At least in university I need never write an essay again.

I'm slightly apprehensive about them, I suppose, mostly in a "I really really want an A in Irish but know I didn't get it and don't want my hope to be crushed when I get confirmation" way. Otherwise, unless things have gone strightly strangely I should have my first choice. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Oh yeah.. they can find out.. It's really annoying really.

Last year, when I got my results.. all my family knew.. with me only having told one person. Two of my cousins were teachers at my old school, and both took it upon themselves to find out what I got and share the news with the world. If f%cking pissed me off. Thats for sure.

That would really piss me off its one thing for your teachers to look but your family to go behind your back and tell everyone...

I dont know if thats how it works in my school but I know they saw my J.C results before I did....

In my school you go into the principals office and if you want to you can have a chat about your options

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Gez.. I hope that they just going to give out envelopes in my case.. I'm so not ready to open it inside the school..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Riverperson

I remember for the JC we had the day off so we could come in and collect them when ever we wanted. The teachers definately new my results before I did as when I got the envelope from the priniciple he shock my hand to congratulate me before I had even opened the envelope.

TheScript wrote: »
    last year was fairly b0llix, i got my results as my principal opened an envelope calling out my results for me.This came after i had given my expectations. I said i thought and hoped for about 400 pts and when he went through my grades he said "well according to my calculations you've obtained 375 pts". My heart sank! I repeated and will be getting results on the net this yr when on hols in California!

I don't know why he seemed to need to call them out though. Surely things like that should be kept private. I'll probably just get mine on the net two hours more won't kill me.

The thoughts of the results haven't been with me that much so far. I've been working this week which helps keep the mind off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Is there a set time the results are available at or does it depend on the school? Most people seem to say 9am, is this the official time the results are available at? I hope we dont have to line-up and that no teachers bother to show up:)

• Advertisement

paul150 wrote: »
    Is there a set time the results are available at or does it depend on the school? Most people seem to say 9am, is this the official time the results are available at? I hope we dont have to line-up and that no teachers bother to show up:)

Depends on the school, in my school they are at 10.

Advertisement