Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So...Three Weeks to go...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

i think i'd rather deny ever sitting the leaving cert.. what a balls. I really dont want to know my result for some of them. Honestly i'd like my result in French and Art maybe.. but otherwise no. I guess that's shallow of me , or lazy at least , since those were my two best .

At any rate i am dreading the minute where i consciously have to go "oh ok these are my results". I can barely remember the papers, not to mention what i stuck down as answers.

Whats the dealio with the online service? What time is it available on the 13th? the stroke of midnight? or 9.00am? had a quick look but didn't find anything.

best of luck to all. Here's to hoping you get whatever course you're set on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

daggy wrote: »
    i think i'd rather deny ever sitting the leaving cert.. what a balls. I really dont want to know my result for some of them. Honestly i'd like my result in French and Art maybe.. but otherwise no. I guess that's shallow of me , or lazy at least , since those were my two best .

At any rate i am dreading the minute where i consciously have to go "oh ok these are my results". I can barely remember the papers, not to mention what i stuck down as answers.

Whats the dealio with the online service? What time is it available on the 13th? the stroke of midnight? or 9.00am? had a quick look but didn't find anything.

12pm as far as I know.

cheers!

cheers!
    No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I actually don't have a clue what time my school is giving them out at. I haven't heard anything from them or anything, but I think everyone's just presuming it's about 9 o clock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I think they are available at 06:00am on the 13th thats what I was told anyway...im pretty sure its not midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The CAO offers are up at 6am on whatever day they come out. For the LC results they're available online at 12pm, I believe. So midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

At least in university I need never write an essay again.

HA HA GOOD ONE! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

12 midday for online results.

ec18 wrote: »
    HA HA GOOD ONE! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    "Write an essay on relativity." I just don't see it happening.
    Maybe in one of those "professional communications" nothing modules, but I wouldn't count that as real college.

• Advertisement

The CAO offers are up at 6am on whatever day they come out. For the LC results they're available online at 12pm, I believe. So midday.

You can get your results at 06:00am on results aswell my mates doing that

So why is everyone saying midday? I'll not be getting mine online anyway, (cannot for the life of me find the PIN) but I sort of thought it was "you go to school to get them earlier and possibly be ashamed infront of many" or "you wait to get them in the privacy of your own home online".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Bajingo wrote: »
    You can get your results at 06:00am on results aswell my mates doing that

I have a letter from the SEC with my pin and exam number on it and it clearly says "results will be available from 12 noon on our website and by phone".

Can we really trust these SEC characters though?

They sound quite shady to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Marysue

OMG this is after making me so nervous!! like its only 5 days and then we have results...our marks r wrote on a piece of paper some where and there just sitting..that is crazy!!!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

Marysue wrote: »
    OMG this is after making me so nervous!! like its only 5 days and then we have results...our marks r wrote on a piece of paper some where and there just sitting..that is crazy!!!:eek::eek:

not really

Now the real question is do i wait at home to wrestle with an overloaded server to get my results , or do i go to town and hit the drink hard to settle the nerves and then go to school all bug eyed and shakey? or do i just get up and go to school and chat patiently before i get them.. probably the last one. ack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Now the real question is do i wait at home to wrestle with an overloaded server to get my results , or do i go to town and hit the drink hard to settle the nerves and then go to school all bug eyed and shakey? or do i just get up and go to school and chat patiently before i get them.. probably the last one. ack.
    Fight crime.

forgot that one alright.. awesome.

rc28 wrote: »
    I have a letter from the SEC with my pin and exam number on it and it clearly says "results will be available from 12 noon on our website and by phone".

Yea my mate said it was from 06:00am but I just read my letter there and it says 12:00(how could you wait that long im going in early for mine)...sorry about that it is midday anyway my mates screwed because hes working all day he isnt finished until 5 or 6....imagine workinh on results day

• Advertisement

My friend's climbing mountains in Switzerland on the results day.. she won't get them until the evening. I dunno how she could do it, but she said her mind probably won't be on the results whilst on the side of a mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

My friend's climbing mountains in Switzerland on the results day.. she won't get them until the evening. I dunno how she could do it, but she said her mind probably won't be on the results whilst on the side of a mountain.

Yes.

Btw, when you were at that olympiad, do you remember meeting a girl from malaysia named Lisa? Who may or may not have asked you something about a shirt or something? Well, she's my cousin :). "small world"..you could say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 EDoyle

we've had way too much time to think about the results and you end up thinking you did much worse than you did, chill they are what they are! just get pissed before you get the results to dull the pain

raah! wrote: »
    Yes.

Btw, when you were at that olympiad, do you remember meeting a girl from malaysia named Lisa? Who may or may not have asked you something about a shirt or something? Well, she's my cousin :). "small world"..you could say.
    Ah... possibly. To be honest, I met a lot of people, so I don't really remember too well. Definitely small world, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

aaaw, she'll be very dissappointed (except she won't). She was able to describe ye down to the last man! (well, she mentioned one girl, with some ki nda shirt, and a tall red haired fellow, and knew yer names)

Back on teh subject though I've just discovered that my blasted school hasn't given the damn pins to anyone. Guess it's no hassle to go in though, plus you get em earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Whimsical

Sweet and utter BLISSFUL denial for me at the moment ahhhh...People enjoy these last few days of being oblivious..man we deserve it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭....shell....

i havent thought about the results at all this summer it only hit me the other day'o **** results in a few days' haha
    the time flew though...i cant wait now to get them so it will all be officially over..that said il be a bag of nerves going in for them...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

From this board anyhoo, I would seem to be the only person turning 18 on the day >_O
    someone at work said "whoa, good planning!" to which I cringed, and then told them how I was due in october heh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Nanaki wrote: »
    From this board anyhoo, I would seem to be the only person turning 18 on the day >_O
    someone at work said "whoa, good planning!" to which I cringed, and then told them how I was due in october heh

Nope my best friend is turning 18 on wed too.... Well if there's anytime you need to be 18 it's results night!!

Advertisement