Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So...Three Weeks to go...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Nanaki wrote: »
    From this board anyhoo, I would seem to be the only person turning 18 on the day >_O
    someone at work said "whoa, good planning!" to which I cringed, and then told them how I was due in october heh

there should be 58,500 divided by 365 people who will be 18 and getting leaving cert results on wednesday = 160 people

is that right? dunno :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

pathway33 wrote: »
    there should be 58,500 divided by 365 people who will be 18 and getting leaving cert results on wednesday = 160 people

August bday means just beofre christmas, people get excited before then so may be disproporitonate ;)

...says the person whose birthday is soon too *shudders

pathway33 wrote: »

maybe thats the number of people who have a birthday on wednesday and getting leaving results. they could be 19 wednesday.

i have resorted to having a connversation with myself :D

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    August bday means just beofre christmas, people get excited before then so may be disproporitonate ;)

...says the person whose birthday is soon too *shudders

just 'what' before christmas? i have no idea what you could be referring to :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

I'm so not bothered at alllllllllllllllll by wednesday. I have never been so chill in my life :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

lovechem wrote: »
    I'm so not bothered at alllllllllllllllll by wednesday. I have never been so chill in my life :cool:

definition of being in denial...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Peleus wrote: »
    definition of being in denial...

nope im not :D quite content tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I'm terrified about wednesday..

I find it hard to sleep because i'm thinking about the results and when i do sleep the first thing i think about when i wake up is them.. :[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Good luck to everyone on Wednesday.

I'm sure you'll all do very well and I hope you all get what you want out of it.
    Also, keep calm. This time next year the results themselves won't matter a damn to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    August bday means just beofre christmas,

or take into account premature births, such as myself, 2 months :P heh

best of luck to everyone on wednesday! Stay away from people going "OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!111!1!!" or the verbal equivalent: they will not help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

God damn its close now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Good luck to everyone on Wednesday.

I'm sure you'll all do very well and I hope you all get what you want out of it.
    Also, keep calm. This time next year the results themselves won't matter a damn to you.

Unless you repeat!

lizt wrote: »
    Unless you repeat!

True but that would really be a new batch of results weighing on your mind. Although you may be inclined to blame the old results for the situation.

That said: reapeating isn't so bad. I've plenty of friends who did it again and they say that it wasn't so bad. In fact, in some cases it even does a lot of good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Adam08

Im getting a bit of money for the LC holidAY IF i GET THE RIGHT RESULTS SO iM PETRIFIED,.

Sorry about the caps lock.:o

Adam08 wrote: »
    Im getting a bit of money for the LC holidAY IF i GET THE RIGHT RESULTS SO iM PETRIFIED,.

I don't mean to cause offence and I'm not judging (well, I actually kind of am but I don't want to be judgemental) but that's bad parenting in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Adam08

I don't mean to cause offence and I'm not judging (well, I actually kind of am but I don't want to be judgemental) but that's bad parenting in my opinion.

It was me that decided it, I was looking to get about 450ish and then I asked my mum would she give me some money if I did get 450. They didn't add any pressure to me and to call them bad parents is very over the top as they are far from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

hey. results are officially out tomorrow!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Eegah

holy crap you're right! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

Eugh. Last week I was bricking it... now I don't care. I'm not aiming for anything, so I'm not really worrying anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hows it bad parenting?It's just money for the leaving cert holiday.My parents are doing the same for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hey guys and girls, just thought I'd pop in to wish everyone good luck tomorrow. This time last year I was waiting for results, and I still remember it vividly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ciaranajl

Ckal wrote: »
    Eugh. Last week I was bricking it... now I don't care. I'm not aiming for anything, so I'm not really worrying anymore.

I'm the exact same... now, who cares! Crete on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

This post has been deleted.

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

it's getting scaringly near now.... in under seventeen hours we will know our fates...:eek:...or at least our results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mognet

Had to make a new account (forgot my old one) just to tell everyone not to worry and best of luck to all!

Whoop, not sure if I'll be brave enough to open them when I first get them, not really due to worry, but just...well..not sure..the excitement!

Good luck all and have a great/brilliant/superb day! XD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Really starting to wish I did a little bit more work, started very late and I've no intention of going back again! I did a LOT of work, but I could have spaced it out better and used another few weeks wisely.

Gotz that lovely (and probably unfair) Irish bonus thingy in my favour. It's 10% of your base mark up to 75%. Does that actually mean if I get 51%, they add 5.whatever% to make 56.whatever%, and I've just made 60 points out of 51%. Cause thats MENTAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

PrivateEye, I think it's something mad like "10% of the points you didn't get", so if you get say 60/100, they'll give you an extra 10% of the other 40, so you get another 4 marks.

That said, I didn't go to a Gaelscoil (despite my best efforts), so I never really bothered to look it up properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Those were my original thoughts too, but when I googled it I stumbled across a thread on politics.ie

Somebody copy and pasted this from the State Examination crowd.

Bonus marks at the rate of 10 per cent of the marks obtained will be given to a candidate who obtains less than 75 per cent of the total marks in the case of the following subjects:- Latin, Greek, Classical Studies, Hebrew Studies, History, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Physics and Chemistry, Biology, Science, Business, Economics, Economic History, Agricultural Science, Agricultural Economics, Home Economics, Music, Business Studies, History and Appreciation of Art, Civic, Social and Political Education, Religious Education, Arabic, LCVP Link Modules - written component only.

Bonus marks at the rate of 5 per cent will be given to a candidate who obtains less than 75 per cent of the total marks in the case of the following subjects:- French, German, Italian, Spanish, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Accounting, Engineering, Construction Studies, Materials Technology (Wood), Metalwork, Technology, Typewriting, Russian, Japanese.

Bonus marks at the rate of 3 per cent will be given to a candidate who obtains less than 75 per cent of the total marks in the case of the subject Art, Craft, Design (Junior Certificate).

Above 75 per cent the bonus will be subjected to a uniform reduction until the candidate who scores 100 per cent gets no bonus.

No bonus will be given in the case of the following subjects:- Technical Graphics, Technical Drawing, Leaving Certificate Art (other than History and Appreciation of Art).

:eek: As somebody in a Gaelscoil even I reckon that's a bit unfair, and probably open to a legal challenge given the status of English in the Bunreacht.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Ah if you took it off politics.ie they probably changed it to suit their own agenda. >.>

Kidding aside, that is kinda crappy. Then again, I'm all for encouraging people to use Irish, and I'd say with the difficulty in learning all the stuff through your second language, etc, it's not too unfair. I won't begrudge anyone the Irish bonus. I got the lazy bonus of doing everything through English.

Advertisement