Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So...Three Weeks to go...

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Hey lads and lassies!!

Just wanna wish everyone the best of luck 2moro!! You'll all be grand.....and if you dont get what you're hoping for, dont be worrying...everythinh works itslef out! You'll be fine, the LC is not the end of the world!!

BTW,any one going to Crete this week...enjoy! You are about to have the holiday of yourlife!! No joke!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

BTW,any one going to Crete this week...enjoy

11 days.
    Should be a tad eh....crazy.

As for the Irish, not all books are in Irish yet- so there is that I suppose. For instance we studied economics from an English book. If all the books were available in Irish, I think they should scrap the 10% / 5% rule. They can, of course, wait until Thursday before they do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Adam08 wrote: »
    It was me that decided it, I was looking to get about 450ish and then I asked my mum would she give me some money if I did get 450. They didn't add any pressure to me and to call them bad parents is very over the top as they are far from it.

I didn't say your parents were bad parents. I just don't agree with offering money in exchange for you getting particular results. I really hope you get 450 but only because it'll get you the course you want.
    I do think that money only serves to add pressure and the exams can be stressful enough as it is.
    titan18 wrote: »
    Hows it bad parenting?It's just money for the leaving cert holiday.My parents are doing the same for me.

Good for you. I think it's bad parenting because it adds pressure and stress to exams. If it was just money for the holiday, I wouldn't have any issue with it. But it's not, it's tied to results and applies more pressure than I think is necessary.

Perhaps I'm wrong. But I do know that the less pressure I'm under at home to perform academically, the better I do. I do accept that it may be different for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Forgot to add that I hope everything goes well tomorrow and everyone getswhat they deserve*.

*=That's to be read as the nice fair deserved, not the creepy, veiled threat of violence deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

If you spend 6th year telling your kids that they'll get x money for y grades, that's putting on unnecessary pressure. It's not as bad if they've already done the exams and you tell them they'll get a reward for doing well (ie getting anything, if a parent went, "ooh.. 590? sorry... that's just not good enough" they've some serious issues to deal with). That way it's not going to affect your academic performance. Might stress you out about getting the results, though.

That said, surely the reward for getting your first choice is... getting your first choice. Let's hope we all get it. >.>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Forgot to add that I hope everything goes well tomorrow and everyone getswhat they deserve*.

*=That's to be read as the nice fair deserved, not the creepy, veiled threat of violence deserved.

If I get what I deserve I'm ****ed. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I can understand where you're coming from but it doesnt add pressure,at least for me it didnt.My parents dont care how I do as long as I do the best of my ability,and that I worked for it.But I add pressure on to myself for a load of stupid reasons.The money actually eases me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

My parents dont mind either. Its all good. They trust me to trust my self.

And I trust them to trust me to trust my self.

etc etc

Advertisement