Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of seating at Blanchardstown Center

• 23-07-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

I walked around in the shopping center for over an hour yesterday and came out at Penneys end. My legs were tired and I just wanted to sit down for 5 minutes. Not a seat in sight! I didnt want anything to eat or drink,just to sit down for a few minutes. Theres practically nowhere to sit anywhere round the outside,and the toilets are way back at the other side. Is it to encourage people to keep moving or to stop crowds gathering? I think there should be loads of seats and even a few picnic areas. What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

There's lots ! There's some near the cinema, they use the benches in fact to close off the centre itself from that area in the evenings. Then there's some on the upper level halfway between Penneys and Dunnes and there's more outside Dunnes itself. Then on the lower level there's yet more outside Dunnes, then you have the large seating area around the water feature at the base of the travelators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I was there a few weeks ago and there were seats outside Penny's they are shaped around in a circle around a tree or some plant.

I have sat on them many times waiting for people.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There is seating, but I wouldnt describe it as lots. Considering the large numbers passing through the centre daily, there are precious few seats, and none that I know of outside. (Dont know if I'd fancy picnicing at the blanchardstown centre though with all that traffic passing by!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is seating all around the fountain but yes most of the seating is always full and it is like they don't want to encourage people to sit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

Have to agree with the other posters.
    Its a shopping centre not a recreation, relaxation area. They want you to shop till you are broke and then leave as soon as possible to free up another car park space.
    There are a few circular seating sections near Easons, Pennies & Dunnes but these are usually full of ole' fellas waiting for the wife to do the shopping or kids bored out of their heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

ongarite wrote: »
    Have to agree with the other posters.
    Its a shopping centre not a recreation, relaxation area. They want you to shop till you are broke and then leave as soon as possible to free up another car park space.
    There are a few circular seating sections near Easons, Pennies & Dunnes but these are usually full of ole' fellas waiting for the wife to do the shopping or kids bored out of their heads.
    Think you are right about leaving to make room for others! I mean lots of people wait and meet outside of the entrances and I really think the crowd who run the place should give us(the shoppers) a few seats. At Christmas its awful because the few seats are always full. I know I would spend longer there if I could have a rest break in between shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

there is a picnic area around the corner from the post office.
    There are plenty of seats downstairs...you should be thankful for those. If you;re shoppin in town, there is no seat for miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Lack of seating is to encourage you to goto either the bagel bar/starbucks/pick any lunch eatery or mcdonalds/burger king, take your pick :D

Ongarite summed it up, welcome to capitalism :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

gurramok wrote: »
    Lack of seating is to encourage you to goto either the bagel bar/starbucks/pick any lunch eatery or mcdonalds/burger king, take your pick :D

Ongarite summed it up, welcome to capitalism :)
    Well Ive never had a starbucks(whatever that is)? I dont like bagels or takeaways much. So they wont make much from me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Just to add, was in there over the weekend, there's plenty of seats right outside the entrance to Penneys ! Maybe it's one of the opticians in you centre that you need and not more seats :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Think you are right about leaving to make room for others! I mean lots of people wait and meet outside of the entrances and I really think the crowd who run the place should give us(the shoppers) a few seats. At Christmas its awful because the few seats are always full. I know I would spend longer there if I could have a rest break in between shopping.

There is always a seat available if you look for one. You cant expect a seat to appear for you right where you want it. There are seats placed at various points of the center and plenty of them.

Advertisement