Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just had TERRIFYING nightmare!

Options
  • 23-07-2008 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Just now I had a scary dream. At the beginning, me and my cousins and some little girl were talking about when we had started our periods. My cousin said she had started when she was 15, and until then had been worried that there was something wrong with her and she would never start. I said I had started at the age of ten. She said I was lucky for that but I told her I hadn't even known what it was when it happened and had thought I was dying. The little girl said she hoped she would start soon.

Then the scene changed and I was staying in America for some reason (strange, since I am not a fan of America and it is something I would never do) and was walking back to the apartment I was temporarily living in. It was broad daylight and I passed two people who seemed to be friends. One was a man the spitting image of Will Smith and the other was a woman. As I tried to pass them, suddenly the woman was gone and me and the man were alone on the street. He started trying to chat me up, and I brushed him off, saying something like, "I have to get back now."

Suddenly he turned nasty and started trying to rape or kill me, or more like a combination of both. I struggled for a few minutes then managed to extriacte myself with a kick to his nether regions. He looked furious and fell, and I ran for my life.

He got up and ran after me. I was so scared my heart was pounding like it was going to burst. There was no-one around to help me. I saw some basement flats and ran down to them. The first door I tried was open. I let myself in and locked the door behind me. I tried to catch my breath and looked around to see who the flat belonged to. There was a girl about the same age as me. As the man reached the door and started banging on it, trying to kick it in, I fell on my knees and begged the girl, "Please call the police, he's trying to kill me."

The girl did not seem particularly flustered, but she handed me her phone. For a minute I couldn't remember the number for the American emergency services, but then dialled 911. The operator answered and said something like, "Emergency, is that (insert some number here) Arcadia (something)? I said quickly, "There's a man here and he's trying to kill us!" Then the phone battery went dead. I tried my mobile but every time it was about to get through to the operator it died as well. Worried that they may have the wrong address, I asked the girl what her address was and it was the right one.

The banging went quiet, so we looked out the window and saw, to our horror, the man preparing a noose and lots of piano wire. Then he started doing something to the lock on the door so that it came off, and he opened the door. We ran into the bathroom, but the lock was rubbish and didn't work properly. He passed some pian wire through a crack in the door as if to say, "Look what I have!"

There was a window near the top of thr bathroom and I was worried that he may break it and get in through there, but he carried on trying to get through the door. Me and the girl gestured to each other that we should each hold an end of the piano wire and slice him in half when he got through the door. I didn't want to hold it with my bare hands and was about to get a towel when he came through the door. It was too late for us to do anything with the wire. I saw my chance and legged it out of the flat, leaving the girl alone with the man.

As I ran, I glanced over my shoulder to see if he was following me. He wasn't. I felt terrible that I had left her alone with him, especially when the whole thing had nothing to do with her, but what choice did I have? I looked around for help but was completely alone, despite being in a built up area with lots of houses and apartments. Then I woke up. Even now, 15 minutes later, my heart is pounding with terror!

Can someone shed some light on the meaning of this dream?

Advertisement