Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal deliveries in Castleslands (balbriggan)

Options
  • 23-07-2008 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Anyone else having serious delays in receiving their post in the castlelands area?? (or any other area in balbriggan)
    We received an esb bill last week which was 2 weeks over due!
    We seem to get the post in batchs. like twice a month would be no exaggeration....

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Not that I know of.

Maybe ring the post office?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

We're not in Castlelands - but are in Balbriggan. And we get our post daily most of the time. However, every now and again, we won't get any post for a week or two, and then get a big batch of it - sometimes the big batch arrives on a Saturday! It has happened so often now that we joke about it - "No post today - postman's holidays!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Thats exactly what it is, postmans holidays. There aren't enough postmen to cover holidays and sick days/weeks in the town at the moment.

Contact Ned Pine down the sorting office if you have a query.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

ok thanks guys.

ill give the sorting office a ring. cause id rather go an collect the post myself than wait for it, until they get it someone actually delivering regularly.

Also any of you notice than your post men are in "normal" cars. When i have seen the post being delivered (on a saturday:confused:) the guy was in a family type car and normal clothes. you wouldnt know he was a postman at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

I'm in Bremore Pastures and I was just thinking this last night,that I get my post in batches - now I know why - thanks

While I'm on here when you guys moved into your new houses did you have issues getting your bins collected by Fingal Co Co and Oxigen??

I have even given the drivers directions over the phone on delivery days and they don't bother turning up - ARGH!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement