Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6300 battery

• 23-07-2008 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Quick question about the above. Since I bought this, I am having to recharge the battery approx every 2 days. This phone is hardly ever used for phone calls, mainly texts and radio.

One of the lads here at work has the same phone and gets about 5 days out of his and reckons my use of the radio (approx 2 hours a day) is draining my battery and that it is the same as talking on the phone. I wouldn't have thought this myself.

Thing is, my last phone I used the radio even more and got about 5 days out of a charge.

Does anyone know if what he says is true? Or is it possible I got a dodgy battery with my new phone?

Thanks in advance
    S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Schnooks wrote: »
    ...One of the lads here at work has the same phone and gets about 5 days out of his and reckons my use of the radio (approx 2 hours a day) is draining my battery and that it is the same as talking on the phone. I wouldn't have thought this myself....

The 6300 doesn't have a great battery so why would it be the same as your old phone? I would agree that the radio sucks the battery too. Easy to test. Don't use it for a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

If you are getting 2 days out of a 6300 and using it too be happy with it.Your mate getting 5 days out of the phone should join the circus....people would pay to see one that doesn't have to be charged every day.....

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Schnooks

Thanks for the replies lads. From what you say, it seems like a design problem with the battery if, as you say Tony, it may need to be charged every day depending on usage. Possibly the battery cannot support the graphics on the large screen?

This is the 1st time I have had a camera phone with a colour screen and I guess I have always been used to getting 5 - 7 days out of the older Nokias without worrying about recharging.

I asked my friend again and he said he charged his last Fri and then last night again. He said he made 4 or 5 x 10 min calls in this time and he assures me he is telling the truth so he must have a freaky phone!!

As you say BB, I won't use the radio for the next couple of days and see what happens. He doesn't ever use the radios on his.

But I have got caught out a few times now with this phone having a low battery, so may have to consider changing. It's a pity as I like the phone other than this problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

Hi schnooks, i have a nokia 6300 myself and use a BL-5C battery from an older phone that i had, i got the idea from this site, its a tight fit but it works.

http://eddmills.wordpress.com/2007/05/16/reasons-and-solutions-for-the-nokia-6300-poor-battery-life-issue/

there are also other battery models mentioned on the site, check out the bottom quarter especially about the nokia BL-5C or the BL-4U available here,

http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=310

and

http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=253

now as i say, i tried it and it worked for me, but as with all these things, you do this (fix) at your own risk.

voyager :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Schnooks

Voyager

Would you believe that is exactly what I had in mind the last few weeks but the BL-5C is slightly thicker than the BL-4C so was afraid to force it. Have fitted it now and all seems ok. Will charge it up fully and see how long it lasts with normal usage.

Not worried about risks as this phone was on it's last chance anyway :)

Thanks
    S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Schnooks wrote: »
    Voyager

Would you believe that is exactly what I had in mind the last few weeks but the BL-5C is slightly thicker than the BL-4C so was afraid to force it. Have fitted it now and all seems ok. Will charge it up fully and see how long it lasts with normal usage.

Not worried about risks as this phone was on it's last chance anyway :)

Thanks
    S
    schnooks have you seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHIsq3yxLzU
    it worked a treat for me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

schnooks have you seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHIsq3yxLzU
    it worked a treat for me:D

you have to wonder my nokia themselves didn't do that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    you have to wonder my nokia themselves didn't do that....
    tell me about it just bought the 6300 phone last week i was charging it every day:mad: .

Advertisement