Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arch -Tech , no access.

Options
  • 23-07-2008 12:06pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone please tell me why my 1 week ban from construction & planning has resulted in a 4 week plus ban from C&P as well as a similar ban from the sub forum Arch-Tech, without any notification as to the extension of the ban from any moderator, as I am at a loss to figure this out.

Thanks

kadman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Have you pmd the mod yet?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Yes , I pm,ed one of them, but have received no reply. I,m curious to know why my ban for 1 week from C&P , has suddenly developed into a 4+ week ban as well on Arch-Tech sub forum, that was not even in existence at the time of my C&P ban.

As stated on earlier posts here I have no issue with the C&P ban, but I cant understand how its developed into a ban on both forums for this length of time.

I have raised it on earlier posts here, but I,m still in the dark on the issue, and would welcome an explanation on it. Any clarification would be greatful.

Thanks

kadman

kadman wrote: »
    Yes , I pm,ed one of them, but have received no reply.

Who did you PM and what is the timestamp on it?

Gordon wrote: »
    Who did you PM and what is the timestamp on it?

3 Weeks ago to Smashey.

The date on the pm is. 07-07-2008, 11:39

thanks

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Kadman

I'm sure Gordon will check in with Smashey about the ban being lifted. Regarding bans in general - up until last week temp bans did not automatically lift, this is why most mods ask to be reminded when the ban is up. The fact that the ban has been for 4 weeks is probably more as a result of non being automatically lifted rather than being extended.

Arch Tech is a child forum of Planning & Construction, a ban from the parent forum flows through to the child forum. You should find that you do not have access to Renewable Energies also. So it is if you were banned from Planning and Construction the ban from the other fora was likely by default.

Smashey is a reasonable guy, assuming your pm was not demanding/abusive, it was probably just overlooked, a friendly reminder works wonders.

V.

• Advertisement

You were apparently banned from C&P for one week on the 2nd June and muffler asked you to pm him to remind him to lift the ban. You then told muffler that you wouldn't PM him to remind him. However, you posted 2 PMs to muffler that had some comments that muffler took to be insulting or irksome (I haven't been told the exact comments). No other mod (ie smashey) has received PMs from you apparently.

You will be unbanned if you pm one of the mods and apologise for the content of the PMs that you have exchanged with muffler. I would advise you to pm muffler about this.

Sorry, mistaken information, my apologies: smashey did receive a PM from you but was made aware of your PM conversation with muffler and hence has been made aware of the fact that you were against PMing muffler to get access again. So just PM muffler and make peace and you'll get access soon enough.

Vexorg,

Thanks for clarifying the banning issue related to the Arch -Tech forum. It still seems unfair to me to be banned from a forum that was non existent, and that I had not posted on prior to my C&P ban. But if thats the situation, then fair enough.

Gordon,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me. Its quite clear that you are still getting mistaken information though. I think things would be clearer on the issue of who insulted who first with abusive comments, if you looked at the pm,s in question. personally i dont have any objection if you want to do that. My comments were in reply to abusive pm,s i received from a mod.

As I have said on earlier posts, I dont have any problem with the ban, but I was looking for clarification on the length of it, and the second forum issue. And I think thats been explained now.

Thanks
    kadman

Advertisement