Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomas Mulligan Memorial Cycle August 16th and 17th

Options
  • 23-07-2008 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Has anyone done the Tomas Mulligan Memorial Cycle before? Not sure if it's in it's first year. The cycle is:

Day1: Belmullet to Strokestown (aptly named for me anyway) 160km
    Day2: Strokestown to Drimnagh, Dublin 12 136km

I've a friend whose asked me to come along, I'm a bit hesitant as it is a weekend in the saddle. The distances aren't too bad, but i'm not sure of the hills/terrain etc.

Has anyone cycled this way or done this ride?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 charity cycler

The Tomas Mulligan memorial cycle took place on Sat/Sun 16th & 17th August from Belmullet (Thomas's mother is from Belmullet) to the Good Counsel GAA clubhouse in Drimnagh. On Saturday 16th the cyclists travelled from Belmullet to Strokestown (98 miles) and on Sunday 17th from Strokestown to Dublin (85 miles) The main towns that the cyclists went through were Ballina, Swinford, Ballaghadeeran, Strokestown, Longford, Mullingar, Kinnegad, Maynooth and Lucan. As well as the sponsorship Aware had volunteers collecting in these towns. Over the two days everybody were well taken care of with four refreshments stops each day, bicycles promptly repaired and Order of Malta ambulance in attendance.The cycle was a huge success and we were blessed with good weather. A total of 22 cyclists completed the trip and all arrived home safely. All funds raised from the cycle will go to Aware. At this time the sponsorship is still coming in and the total might reach 30,000 euro. The Mulligan family have indicated that it will take place again next year probably starting in Dublin and finishing in Belmullet. The message is "Get on your bike and be ready for next year"

Advertisement