Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drag Strips

Options
  • 23-07-2008 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

Are there any drag strip racing competitions or venues in Ireland (Rep or North) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Yup, Bishopscourt in Downpatrick has drag/drifting on atleast once a month. Been there a few times, great day out. Love wiping the smile of the ''vtec brigades'' face when I pass them as if they were going backwards in my little 1.3 :D..Next one is on the 10th of Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

what car is your 1.3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

what car is your 1.3?

I do believe his "little" 1.3 is pushing upwards of 180bhp??
    GlanzaV I think...?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Duff wrote: »
    Yup, Bishopscourt in Downpatrick has drag/drifting on atleast once a month. Been there a few times, great day out. Love wiping the smile of the ''vtec brigades'' face when I pass them as if they were going backwards in my little 1.3 :D..Next one is on the 10th of Aug.

Haha plenty of the "vtec brigade" wouldn't be that adapt at driving anyway :D

On a track is where a vtec belongs anyway not driving in a straight line.

fair play for getting so much out of a glanza though, its nice to see a proper owner of one instead of the sh*theads that annoy me when i'm just out driving

Never seen the appeal of drag racing myself, only good for getting your 1/4 mile run time but as far as the term "racing" goes I dont see the point of it

lol, only slaggin draffo. :D ..Yep, i've a Glanza V puttin out 184bhp (at the min). Thanks for the kind words mate. Most Glanzas are driven by scummers these days and have crap modifications. i.e front mount intercooler and a ****ty halfords backbox then they go around claming 200bhp type r eater! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

everytime i lookin my rear view ive a galanza up me hole, half the time i think they just want to see me leave them behind but i might have trouble leavin one with 180 bhp.....great fun to drive ied say:p
    does the drag racing go by type, power or is it a free for all

What ya drive man?? :D..yeah it is great fun on full boost..surprises alot of people..useless untill 3rd in the wet though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

sure alot of vtecs are being driven by scummers too, its just the way with cheap powerfull cars :(

Can ya get a LSD stuck into them Glanza's? My cousin has a 230bhp Civic Ep3 Type R and it has no LSD in it the wheel spin out of it is mad!!

Yeah some Glanzas came with LSDs, you can buy aftermarket TRD and Cusco ones aswell..thats on my to buy next list after my hyrbid turbo and standalone ecu. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

drivin a stock legacy b4. i used to think my old saxo was quick untill i opened up the leggy, not even in the same league. there are a few nice galanzas around and then there are some dog rough ones. its not difficult to spot the ones that have been hockeyed around. ied say its hard to put down the power especialy on a drag strip, but its down to the driver and their style at the end of the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

have u had much problems from the scoobie engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads very good question, maybe there are unnofficial drags aswell somewhere? or even drifting?

Its kind of popular where i came from(drag). We have loads of illegal drag racings atleast 2-3 spots around bigger town. And we have 1 big track in capital city. You can go there each thursday, paying a small fee to get in to premesis, and there you can go meet people and just drag with them for fun all night long. great crack if you ask me. Dont know how is it now there, havent been 3 years in mine country :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Talking of illegal drag races, i was in Stockholm last summer and we seen a race start at a set of traffic light, a bright Orange Lambo Gallardo got totally blown away by............... a Black Kawasaki Ninja, the acceleration from the bike was savage, but the Lambo never gained on him for a second, the bike was gone, they both sounded out of this world to....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Makes sense..There's not many cars on the road that can beat Bikes abover 600cc..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Makes sense..There's not many cars on the road that can beat Bikes abover 600cc..

There isn't even many bikes that could beat a Kawasaki Ninja either........

Except maybe fot the "Bat"Bike:D

Advertisement