Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think Id get a student loan even though Im working full time

Options
  • 23-07-2008 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

I'm a registered student in an irish university until September 08. However Ive been working full time since January 08 (graduated in April 08).

Do you think I could still get a student loan (Im hoping to get the BoI 9mo interest free one).

I want the money to go travelling.
    I'm also enrolled as a student with the ICAI, does that help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

As long as you can show you're still a student (if required) there shouldn't be a problem. If you're on a student visa that's a whole different kettle of fish TBH......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

This was my final year in uni. Ive passed my finals and had my graguation ceremony. But my student card is still valid for another month.

I want to get the student loan and not the graduate loan, and Im afraid that if they see things like salary being paid into my account monthly they wont give it to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tobiesheba

Well this is my personal experience of getting a student loan.

I took a year out before doing my masters and had to get a loan to fund it, so when I applied for the loan I definitely wasn't an enrolled student anywhere.

Went into the bank said I wanted the loan for going back to college. Was getting paid a monthly salary into my a/c at the time which I think they preferred if anything in that I could pay it back. Never at any stage did they ask me for proof that I was returing to education. He asked me if I'd a student/CAO no but when I explained that I hadn't yet started he just used my old number from my undergrad.

The only thing is I had to have a guarantor and I think that might be the done thing with student loans.

Advertisement