Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Oops - scratch repair cost advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I dinged (very minor) the door of a 6 series (!) recently and, despite temptation, left my details. Never heard from them - phew! My own (six week old) car was dinged today, despite being parked in an 'extra wide' space. Did they leave a note? Did they ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Well, if its only a little scratch and its not actually scraped the paint all the way down to the metalwork, then possibly a little bit of T cut and elbow grease could fix it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭audismelly

Seperate wrote: »

unreal job, checked the site ,pricey but pure quality

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭comad

Hi,
    A month ago I tipped the back bumper of a 10 year car as I pulled out of a tight parking space. The bumper was already in a bad way but I caused a 1 inch scratch on the side. There was no dents or anything. We agreed in front of a witness that this scratch was the only damage I caused. I took a few photos and agreed to pay to fix the scratch. I then made a statement to the guards that evening and instructed my insurance company not to pay anything without my consent.The person got back to me yesterday saying they brought the car to a garage and got it repaired and they want me to pay the €700 bill. The never rang me and told me it would cost this much. I had brought the photos to a garage near me and they said they'd do it for €150 which is more realistic and the damage was as minor as you can get.

What can I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Seperate wrote: »

Nice job! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Only skimmed throught the thread but gotta say, fair play for being honest

Scraping a car in a car park can happen to any of us, just a mistake and you did what many wouldn't.

Edit: The OP posted this thread in July!

Advertisement