Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen outboard motor

• 23-07-2008 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi all,
    just in case you hear of any dealings for a Honda BF75 outboard motor just check out its serial no.
    If you come across one with this no BBAJ 1000215 then its my engine which has been robbed off the boat last Sun 20th July in the North Kildare area.
    I'd appreciate a call or contact the gardai.
    If you can spread the word about that this sort of thing happens and, it could be your turn next so keep your boats secure.

many thanks

Tony Bean
    087-2854089

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

Sorry to hear that Tony, will keep an eye out but it's most likely out of the country already (a lot of outboard thefts these days).
    Did you have a transom lock for it? (I need to get one ASAP for mine).

Suggest you put a post up on powerboat.ie/forums, it would get the word out further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 master-d

scaldybelt wrote: »
    Did you have a transom lock for it?

Im afraid regardles of what sort of lock you have on your engine these scumbags will find a way to break it, and if they cant they just cut the transom out of the boat :eek:

I know this because our own Honda engine was stolen in killaloe (Clare) despite it having two locks the guys managed to cut them, and have heard of others who had their transoms cut out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ratem

It looks like the theft of engines is almost at epidemic levels I've just spent the last few weeks talkng to guys around the country and have heard tales of engines being robbed from houses, garages, showrooms, clubs and even off boats moored at sea.

There has to be a market out there for all this Horesepower.

Locking your engine to the boat only gets you a boat with an open back as they will con-saw the engine off attached to the transom.

It really is so annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 master-d

ratem wrote: »
    It looks like the theft of engines is almost at epidemic levels I've just spent the last few weeks talkng to guys around the country and have heard tales of engines being robbed from houses, garages, showrooms, clubs and even off boats moored at sea.

There has to be a market out there for all this Horesepower.

Locking your engine to the boat only gets you a boat with an open back as they will con-saw the engine off attached to the transom.

It really is so annoying.

Apparantly its a gang of eastern europeans based in Limerick (that steal only honda engines) , the guards supposedly know who it is but cant pin it on them, they seem to have serious connections throughout the country, engines from are being stolen from the middle of nowhere where youd think would know about. Scumbags. :mad:

Advertisement