Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connection to planet labs IP when viewing certain threads

Options
  • 23-07-2008 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi,

When I click through to this thread in the legal discussion forum I receive an alert from "little snitch" (firewall for mac) that firefox is trying to connect to a server hosted by Planet Labs (IP: 208.117.131.115).

The Exact address and IP changes but it's always a Planet Labsrelated server

Screen shots below:

planetlabconnectionatteno5.th.png

planetlabs2qr2.th.png

I'm running firefox 3.0.1. on a mac.

This has happened once or twice on previous occasions with other threads and involving a completely different remote IP.

Any ideas? Is boards running some sort of analysis tool? Or is it just a coincidence that it happens when viewing boards threads?

It hasn't happened to me on any forums.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It's probably an image linked in someones signature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

CuLT wrote: »
    It's probably an image linked in someones signature.

Thanks for the reply.

Probably that alright. One of the poster's sigs was not being displayed whenever I denied the connection. It appeared if the connection was allowed.

Mystery solved.

Merci buckets:D

Advertisement