Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carzone - New site up and running

Options
  • 23-07-2008 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

www.carzone.ie
    What do we all think? To be honest i liked it the way it was but i hate change lol:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

www.carzone.ie
    What do we all think? To be honest i liked it the way it was but i hate change lol:D

I wasn't impressed when I first saw the beta site, but I think I prefer it now to the old one. The ads are more compact... or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I much prefer it. At the quick seach menu it provides everything you need; make, model, year and price. The keyword search is very handy too.

Go máith:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I much prefer it. At the quick seach menu it provides everything you need; make, model, year and price. The keyword search is very handy too.

Go máith:)

Ya the key word search is very handy altogether. Well needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Its an awful lot easier on the eye, very clean and compact to look at. And its about time it had an upgrade!
    Search seems a little quicker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If only now they would do something about all those scam adverts on their site. They really are becoming annoying and more common.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Don't like it, preferred the old one - the design is nice but I prefered the old listings - bigger thumbnails etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Yepp ...the new thumbnails are useless ...can't see a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

like the new site except for the adverts themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

the thumbnails look the exact same to me

steve06 wrote: »
    the thumbnails look the exact same to me
    On the index they're smaller and have a little camera image in the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Buffman

Ye, the thumbnails look about half the size of the old ones, bit hard on the eyes sometimes! Apart from that it's grand.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

I would have thought that they would include a view full size function for photos - instead of the usual system which the photos are still too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

macroman wrote: »
    I would have thought that they would include a view full size function for photos - instead of the usual system which the photos are still too small.

i don't even like the font/tables of how the cars are listed to begin with. Font is rubbish and script too small - and it's very hard to tell, colour-wise, which you've looked at before and which not!?!

superfluous - what was the point in this!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭GB15

I like the layout of it but I think there's a problem when you click on a car from a list and go back a page to the list.

The blue link to the cars that you have already clicked on doesn't change to pink so you end up re-selecting the same car - a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

I like the new design, much easier on the eye than the previous one !

Advertisement